Windows locks itself up after random time ignoring GP settings. RRS feed

• Question

• I wonder if anyone could help.

I've got a problem with single Win 7 Pro PC working under domain controlled by SBS 2008.
    We've got a GPO that set screen lock after 1800 sec (30 min) on all PCs in the domain unfortunately one of the computers seems to ignore the GPO.

I've checked GPResults and the policy settings does apples to the problematic user and PC.
    GPO is active and all values are correct. All other GPOs and logon scripts applies fine and takes desired effect.
    Both machine and user have valid AD accounts and can communicate with network shares and devices.

Unfortunately for some reason the OS decides to lock itself up after random intervals of inactivity.
    Sometimes 60 second is long enough to bring up Windows 7 login screen on other occasions it needs 3 or 5 minutes.
    There is only one person and PC affected in entire domain. I've already checked all power settings on the PC and all power off, sleep, screen saver and screen time-out options are either dimmed (controlled by GPO) or set to "never". 
    GPO was already enforced twice on this PC and machine rebooted.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Regards

Greg

• Edited by Zygha Wednesday, May 9, 2012 9:16 AM
    Wednesday, May 9, 2012 9:16 AM

Answers

• Hi Greg,

I also would like to check the group policy settings on your client computer.

Run cmd as administrator, input gpresult /h gpreport, then upload the report to your SkyDrive in a public folder.

Meanwhile, you can try set
    screen lock after 1800 sec (30 min) on this computer to whether this issue is related GPO or other programs.

Hope this helps.

Vincent Wang

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Thursday, May 24, 2012 3:03 AM
    Thursday, May 10, 2012 9:17 AM

All replies

• I would un-join and re-join the machine to the domin to start with.
    Wednesday, May 9, 2012 5:53 PM
  • Hi Greg,

I also would like to check the group policy settings on your client computer.

Run cmd as administrator, input gpresult /h gpreport, then upload the report to your SkyDrive in a public folder.

Meanwhile, you can try set
    screen lock after 1800 sec (30 min) on this computer to whether this issue is related GPO or other programs.

Hope this helps.

Vincent Wang

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Thursday, May 24, 2012 3:03 AM
    Thursday, May 10, 2012 9:17 AM