Qucikbooks and Windows 7 w/ IE 9 RRS feed

• Question

• AS others have stated: I keep getting an fatal error message that says. You must use "turn windows features on or off" in the control panel to install or configure Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.  Quickbooks will now exit.  Please switch Internet Explorer 8 on and try again. This problem ONLY started when I upgraded to IE 9.

The suggestion was to remove IE 9 from the installed programs. Sadly, it does not show up in a list that allows it's removal. What other solutions might fix this problem?

Monday, January 23, 2012 3:45 PM

Answers

All replies

• Information is posted @ http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/how-do-i-install-or-uninstall-internet-explorer-9

Go down the page for uninstalling IE9.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Monday, January 30, 2012 12:49 PM
    Monday, January 23, 2012 4:03 PM
  • I completely removed IE 9 on my Windows 7 machine instead of disabling it. Microsoft does not allow one to revert back to IE 8 and it does not happen automatically when one just removes IE 9. I simply downloaded a fresh copy of IE 9, installed and the Quick Books problem was resolved.
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 4:59 PM
  • IE8 is still on the computer.  After uninstalling IE9 if IE8 does not appear to be installed, you must go to Turn Windows features on or off and place a check mark in the Internet Explorer 8 box.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 5:36 PM
  • Sorry Rick, but this is NOT true.I just uninstalled IE 9, rebooted and there is NO IE 8 or any other version on my Windows 7 machine. There is NO IE 8 box to check. MS does not allow one to download IE 8 for use on a system  7 system. They leave us no choice but to use IE 9.
    Thursday, January 26, 2012 7:16 AM
  • You are the first person to make this statement.  Many people buying new computers with OEM installs that include SP1 & IE9 have been able to revert to IE8.

How old is your computer?  Did you get it with an OEM install including SP1?

Thursday, January 26, 2012 12:55 PM