Getting a RT Error 75 every Friday RRS feed

• Question

• My apologies if this is the incorrect forum for this question. If so, please point me in the correct direction...

My company created an application that installs in Windows 7 at the administative level. The account I run the application in is also an admin level account. The software runs without issue from Monday through Thursday. On Friday morning, without fail, I receive a RT Error 75, Path/File access error. I have to right-click on the desktop icon and select Run as Administrator to 'reset' the applications permissions and from that point until the next Friday morning, the software will operate without issue.

Things I have tried to get past this issue...

1. Granted Full Control of the applicaton folder and all subFolders and Files for not only Administrators account, but also the Users, Trusted Installers AND Everyone accounts. NOTE: Every Friday, the Security settings for the Users account and the Trusted Installer account are reset to limited control and the Everyone account has been removed from the Security tab for the application folder.

2. Turned UAC to it's lowest setting and attempted to run the application without restting permissions in the Security tab of the application folders properties screen.

I am currently attempting to determine if setting UAC down to it's lowest settings AND resetting permissions in the application folders properties screen will allos a resolution to this issue.

Our clients are also seeing this activity on their own computers. I get multiple calls every Friday about this error and I'd like to know if anyone else has seen this same behavior and, if possible, found a resolution for it.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 2:47 PM

Answers

• This may be done by clicking the Start tab, then All Programs, then Accessories, and finally finding under System Tools, you can see a selection labeled 'System Restore'.  Those procedures afterward in the opening window  should revert the system back to a previous, fully functional state depending on how far back the computer needs to be restored to correct the error.
    • Marked as answer by Spencer Xi Friday, February 22, 2013 4:13 AM
    Saturday, February 16, 2013 7:32 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What's the application do you use? Whether others applications have the same issue? If not, you need contact this application vendor for further help.

Regards.

Spencer
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, February 15, 2013 8:16 AM
  • Spencer,

It's an application that our company has developed itself. And the issue does not manifest itself in every Windows 7 installation. If it was, I would look more toward our application. Our developers are trying to find an answer to the issue, but I felt that it could be an issue with UAC and network rights.

• Edited by BruceWDarby Friday, February 15, 2013 3:25 PM
    Friday, February 15, 2013 3:25 PM
  • Don't over load your memory, Don't Download anything by clicking a link referred unless it's Major corporation, like Microsoft, Adobe Mac Etc, & with an ACTIVE Anti-virus program... Reset your Mainframe to a Previous date of programming once a month, don't worry about the updates, the ones that are supposed to update should automatically... And Don't forget to Analyze & Defragment... I guarantee If you operate your computer in that manner your efficiency will increase, possibly exponentially depending on your Computer... My suggestion, Attempt to return the the computer to a previous checkpoint date, just in case you have to get rid of any malware or spyware that cant be located. Cheers, good luck
    Saturday, February 16, 2013 7:20 AM
  • This may be done by clicking the Start tab, then All Programs, then Accessories, and finally finding under System Tools, you can see a selection labeled 'System Restore'.  Those procedures afterward in the opening window  should revert the system back to a previous, fully functional state depending on how far back the computer needs to be restored to correct the error.
    • Marked as answer by Spencer Xi Friday, February 22, 2013 4:13 AM
    Saturday, February 16, 2013 7:32 AM