Forefront for SharePoint on the SMPortal server? RRS feed

• Question

• Anyone got Forefront for SharePoint on their SharePoint server that hosts the SMPortal?

I added it and it appears (still going through logs etc) to have broken the SMPortal (no response, even after un-install of ForeFront).

Thanks,

Aengus

Friday, August 17, 2012 1:28 AM

All replies

• Hello Aengus,

We actually use Forefront Endpoint Protection and have no problems. My first start would also be looking through the logs? Do you get any kind of error?

But in my SharePoint 2007 time I remembered having some issues with default.aspx pages and getting a hresult exception. Back then those pages had been marked as viruses by ForeFront. Maybe this is the case now, in the past I used this article to fix it:
    http://geekswithblogs.net/MOSSParadox/archive/2007/07/05/Forefront-Security-and-MOSS--Exception-from-HRESULT-0x80041050.aspx

But like I said, this was a while back. So I don't know if the article is still valid for the current versions of SharePoint & Forefront.

Hope this helps.

- Dennis | Netherlands | Blog | Twitter

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 8:21 AM
  • Thanks Dennis,

I couldn't find anything in the logs and it wasn't the Forefront based on the link above.

Unfortunately a heavy workload means I'm going for the easy option of un-install/reinstall, however if we do put the web portal in to production I will need Forefront installed, however at that stage I'll snap the vm and backup the databases before I install so I can roll-back and if it does break it then I'll go with a Premier call.

Thanks again for your help.

Aengus

Friday, August 24, 2012 5:24 AM