none
Windows 10 Bitlocker Woes RRS feed

• Question

• I have a W10 Pro system that has bitlocker enabled. This PC does not have TPM but Bitlocker locked it using a Password. Everything was well until there was a message saying Norton needed to update and after it did the update, it needed a reboot. This was done and the computer required the bitlocker key.  after entering the key, I do a screen of vertical bars (10px wide or so) that were redish gradiant to amber separated by thin white bars (3px, or so).

After that restarted the PC, I get the Dell logo the circling icon and it skips the need for bit locker but get the bars.  Tried numerous time for force in to recovery but only get the bars.

Created a Windows USB media and booted from it.  I thought I'd try System Restore.  After I select System Restore, I get the bitlocker key dialog.  I enter the 48 character key and I get the message that this drive can not be unlocked-not that the key is wrong.

I am stuck.  How do I recovery my data and get my machine running.  I did run the Dell Diagnostics and they repored no err.

andy

Thursday, July 21, 2016 11:37 PM

Answers

All replies