none
Windows 10 1703 - Autologon in Unattend.xml RRS feed

All replies

• BUMP. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I would really like to deploy the latest Windows 10 but am holing off until this is resolved.
    • Edited by jeffscpu Tuesday, July 25, 2017 6:56 PM punctuation
    Tuesday, July 25, 2017 6:55 PM
  • Yep, sort of.  Everything works flawlessly except for auto logins.  My issue is with local accounts, but I have added that patch you mentioned as a package to be installed to see if that fixes my issue.  It could be possible that your ADK needs to be updated and reconstruct the unattend.xml?  Not sure though, I do not use unattend.xml domain joining.
    Wednesday, July 26, 2017 1:45 PM
  • That's not a new issue, but is easily fixed by creating a autologin powershell script and then running it in your task sequence

Be sure to add the "Run PowerShell script" task to the beginning of the State Restore section. Right after Tattoo should be fine.

Script:

$RegPath = "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon"
    $AdminPass = 'Pa$$W0rD'
    Set-ItemProperty $RegPath "AutoAdminLogon" -Value "1" -type String
    Set-ItemProperty $RegPath "AutoLogonCount" -Value "999" -type String
    Set-ItemProperty $RegPath "DefaultPassword" -Value $AdminPass -type String
    Set-ItemProperty $RegPath "DefaultUsername" -Value "Administrator" -type String
    Set-ItemProperty $RegPath "DefaultDomainName" -Value "." -type String

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Thursday, July 27, 2017 3:15 PM
  • Even after applying the latest August patches, this is still an issue. @Dan_Vega I am aware of the script workaround. This is problematic for me for a few reasons. The first is that the password is stored in clear text in the script file.

I was hoping this issue would be fixed with the August updates. I know Microsoft likes everyone to stay current with the new WAAS model but the faith in the stability of the released fades when this basic functionality is broken. I will reluctantly be sticking with 1607. Maybe 1709 (if the fall update will be called) will finally resolve this issue.

Wednesday, August 9, 2017 11:23 PM
  • After some further investigation the problem only seems to occur with the Domain Administrator account. When we use any other domain account the autologon will proceed. It looks like it may be an issue with the local admin and the domain admin having the same username. 
    Thursday, August 10, 2017 2:23 PM