view is resetting automatically RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I have the inbox set as "conversation view" where all the emails are grouped by subject. When I do a folder search in INBOX or in another folder and go back to INBOX it resets the view to non-conversation. I have to close outlook and open again it comes back as normal. This is very frustrating...any ideas how to solve this or is this a bug?

thanks

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 9:31 AM

All replies

• Hi, 

I have the inbox set as "conversation view" where all the emails are grouped by subject. When I do a folder search in INBOX or in another folder and go back to INBOX it resets the view to non-conversation. I have to close outlook and open again it comes back as normal. This is very frustrating...any ideas how to solve this or is this a bug?

thanks

Hi Tommys85,

Do you mean the Show as conversation box get unchecked automatically after you do a folder search or do you mean the Reset View button is grayed out?

I followed your steps to test in my Outlook 2016 but cannot reproduce the issue. If you are running a different version of Outlook, please provide the detailed version information then we can test further on this.

Besides, to help narrow down the issue, please try running Outlook in safe mode(Press Win+R, type "outlook /safe", press Enter.) and check if the problem continues.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 2:34 AM