Icons on my desktop are all the same for all my program short cuts RRS feed

• Question

• All my prograns ie itune, quickplayer  word etc, all  have the same icon on the windows desktop, in order to open a specific program I have to right click on the icon  select open with and scelect correct progam. This only happens with one user other user profiles on this computer are fine, eack program shortcut opens as is should.
    Saturday, November 6, 2010 7:02 PM

Answers

•  

Hi,

Thanks for the post!

What will happen when you double-click an icon?

Does this issue only occur on the Desktop?

A screenshot would be better for troubleshooting, you can upload it through SkyDrive.

You can try modify the Default Programs in Control Panel, reset every entries to see if it works.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Friday, November 19, 2010 10:01 AM
    Tuesday, November 9, 2010 8:45 AM

All replies

•  

Hi,

Thanks for the post!

What will happen when you double-click an icon?

Does this issue only occur on the Desktop?

A screenshot would be better for troubleshooting, you can upload it through SkyDrive.

You can try modify the Default Programs in Control Panel, reset every entries to see if it works.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Friday, November 19, 2010 10:01 AM
    Tuesday, November 9, 2010 8:45 AM
  • Hi! I have the same problem with my laptop.. All programs are the same and I can't open anything.  Only one user, other user profile in this computer are fine. What will I do? Please help..
    Sunday, March 6, 2011 11:15 AM