none
Win 7 beta - Built in ISO burning to dvd???

Question

• I thought I saw something about win 7 having built in ability to burn ISO files. Yet now that I want to burn one I'm not finding it.

Before I download a thrid party program, does win 7 have this or not?
    Computer User
    Thursday, May 07, 2009 11:13 PM

Answers

• Simply right click the iso file you have acquired then select "Burn disk image".

The executable file is called isoburn.exe and is located in the System32 folder (in the Windows folder).
    Trying to execute the application directly however displays the following...

Usage:
    ISOBURN.EXE [/Q] [<drive letter>:] <disc image file name> /Q: Starts burning in the Burn Disc Image window.

• Marked as answer by Nick FV Tuesday, May 26, 2009 4:21 AM
    Sunday, May 10, 2009 4:56 AM

All replies

• Yes....like Vista it includes a program "Windows Disc Image Burner."

Very generic but it gets the job done.  that is how I burned my windows 7 RC disk.

You can see what it looks like: right click on your desktop and say "new text file".  Rename the extension .iso and double click it.

B
    Saturday, May 09, 2009 6:25 AM
  • Yes....like Vista it includes a program "Windows Disc Image Burner."

Very generic but it gets the job done.  that is how I burned my windows 7 RC disk.

You can see what it looks like: right click on your desktop and say "new text file".  Rename the extension .iso and double click it.

B

Micro soft needs get this out from under the rock they hid it under. Even have it one of the option when you put a blank DVD in. I failed to find it and downloaded thrid party program. I even chose help and searched for ISO, ISO burn, Burning ISO, ISO DVD. All came back with 0 results.

I still fail to find it other then the neat little trick of renaming a txt file to iso and clicking it. Popped right up then.
    Computer User
    Saturday, May 09, 2009 3:18 PM
  • Simply right click the iso file you have acquired then select "Burn disk image".

The executable file is called isoburn.exe and is located in the System32 folder (in the Windows folder).
    Trying to execute the application directly however displays the following...

Usage:
    ISOBURN.EXE [/Q] [<drive letter>:] <disc image file name> /Q: Starts burning in the Burn Disc Image window.

• Marked as answer by Nick FV Tuesday, May 26, 2009 4:21 AM
    Sunday, May 10, 2009 4:56 AM