Remove Default Service Request Areas RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a management pack with the enumeration of Service Request Areas I want in SCSM, but I don't want any of the default areas in the system. I was able to remove the Incident Classifications and replace them with all new ones, but can't seem to delete the existing Service Request Areas. I have tried to do it via the UI or using SMLets remove-scsmenumeration, but have had no luck.

Has anyone been able to remove these or have any ideas?

Thanks!

Friday, June 8, 2012 9:52 PM

Answers

• Same, the default values are of not much use since every environment is different. What I usually do is hide this field in the authoring tool and create a new list field. Troublesome, but gets the job done.
    • Marked as answer by BuchatechMVP Sunday, November 3, 2013 9:11 PM
    Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:12 AM

All replies

• Are the list items of the Service Request Area you want to delete still in use (at Service Requests or Templates)?

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

Saturday, June 9, 2012 1:33 AM
  • None of the ones i am trying to delete are used anywhere that I can tell. The Delete button in List Properties for the list is grayed out. Since it was grayed out, that's why I was trying to remove them using the SMLets.
    Monday, June 11, 2012 2:33 PM
  • I put in a case with Microsoft regarding this and they pointed me to Microsoft Connect to a post there regarding this issue. Please vote this as important so something will get done for this.

https://connect.microsoft.com/SC/feedback/details/745311/missing-the-ability-to-delete-items-in-the-service-request-area-list

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 9:14 PM
  • I am having the same problem with Service Request Area list values that are provided as default values and the 'Move up' and Move down' buttons are disabled as well.  However I am able to add new values to the list and perform 'Delete', 'Move up' and Move down' with those values.

The link provided by bj.smith goes to Page not found.  Is there an alternate site for the solution?

Friday, October 5, 2012 11:35 PM
  • Same, the default values are of not much use since every environment is different. What I usually do is hide this field in the authoring tool and create a new list field. Troublesome, but gets the job done.
    • Marked as answer by BuchatechMVP Sunday, November 3, 2013 9:11 PM
    Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:12 AM
    Did anyone ever find a solution for this that doesn't require a ton of customization.  Why in the world did Microsoft do this to this list but not others?  It really doesn't make much sense.
    Saturday, October 26, 2013 6:10 PM