ProClarity Views Lagged RRS feed

• Question

• I'm facing a problem with ProClarity view, the ProClarity is laged when i put many dimensions on the rows, the dimensions that I use have too many records such as date dimenssion that contains date between 2000 to 2020. I need to show the dimensions on the rows. i think the issue is about multiplicity between dimension records, it seems proclarity allows 30240 record

Monday, June 23, 2008 5:07 PM

Answers

• Hi Khalid,

The best place for you to start with issues such as these would be to make sure that you have the most current hot fixes applied to each of the ProClarity products that you have installed.  They are located here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/results.aspx?pocId=&freetext=proclarity%206.3.2215&DisplayLang=en

Once you have applied the ProClarity Analytics Server (if you're using it of course) and Professional hot fixes, you may experience some performance gain or even success, but this may be more about Analysis Services (SSAS) cube design or performance.  You will want to make sure that your SQL/SSAS is at SP2, then take a look at the SSAS Performance Guide, which is located here: download.microsoft.com/download/8/5/e/85eea4fa-b3bb-4426-97d0-7f7151b2011c/SSAS2005PerfGuide.doc

Hope this helps,

Bob

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 6:03 PM

All replies

• My problem exists when putting more than one dimension on the rows at setup panel, I need help with this problem, any suggestions?

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 12:12 PM
  • Hi Khalid,

The best place for you to start with issues such as these would be to make sure that you have the most current hot fixes applied to each of the ProClarity products that you have installed.  They are located here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/results.aspx?pocId=&freetext=proclarity%206.3.2215&DisplayLang=en

Once you have applied the ProClarity Analytics Server (if you're using it of course) and Professional hot fixes, you may experience some performance gain or even success, but this may be more about Analysis Services (SSAS) cube design or performance.  You will want to make sure that your SQL/SSAS is at SP2, then take a look at the SSAS Performance Guide, which is located here: download.microsoft.com/download/8/5/e/85eea4fa-b3bb-4426-97d0-7f7151b2011c/SSAS2005PerfGuide.doc

Hope this helps,

Bob

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 6:03 PM