none
Upgrading system to Raid0 and restoring system image?

Question

• Hi guys,

Hoping for some recommendations.

I have a system which was originally running on 1x256gb SSD, with another HDD for data files etc...

the 256gb SSD has been close to full, so decided to get fancy and added another 256SSD and made them a raid0 array.

Now, when I boot off a win10 installation USB, go to system tools and restore from system image - point it to the image I made from the single drive config... it will not boot into the original image after restoring it successfully, but get a blue screen.

Have tried to "fix bootup drive" with no success.

Im assuming it may be a driver issue with the intel raid system - but does anyone have any recommendations?

THanks!

Thursday, May 4, 2017 2:20 AM

All replies

• Now, when I boot off a win10 installation USB, go to system tools and restore from system image - point it to the image I made from the single drive config... it will not boot into the original image after restoring it successfully, but get a blue screen.

I can hardly understand exactly what you have done.
    Could you explain / bulletize what you did with using other words? 
    Thursday, May 4, 2017 9:16 AM
  • Hi, 

I have to say that the System image backup with build-in feature has the hardware information recorded. we need restore it on to the computer with the same hardware configuration, including HDD, partition size. 

So the restore version failed to boot as expected. We cannot restore the image backup from SSD without RAID0 configuration onto the RAID0 drive.

The only way to do this it's to backup the user profile from your PC and clean install  your Windows 10 on RAID0, then restore the settings after install all your applications. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 9, 2017 9:56 AM