Outlook task is not showing in outlook calendar. RRS feed

• Question

• I created the following task in Outlook 2016 for tomorrow (Tuesday June 26, 2018). I then saved and closed it. But it's not showing in outlook calendar. What I may be missing? I tried it twice by once using the Status as 'Not Started' and then Status as 'In Progress' but both the time it did not show in calendar:

Monday, June 25, 2018 7:14 PM

Answers

• Hi namwam,

Agree with Drew that tasks will show in task list rather than calendar. For more information about viewing tasks in Outlook, you may check the following article:

View your tasks

Hope the above can be helpful. If you find any replies here useful, it will be appreciated that you can mark it as answer to close the thread. If you need further assistance on this problem, feel free to post back.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by namwam Wednesday, June 27, 2018 4:36 PM
    Tuesday, June 26, 2018 6:36 AM

All replies

• Cannot duplicate what you describe. (New) Task does & will show in the Task List & can set a Reminder for said task. Task not in any calendar.  Sorry, if not any help or answer you were seeking.

Cheers,
    Drew

Drew - IT Pro / MS Partner/Partner Company / Windows Insider / Owner - Computer Issues

Monday, June 25, 2018 7:38 PM
  • Hi namwam,

Agree with Drew that tasks will show in task list rather than calendar. For more information about viewing tasks in Outlook, you may check the following article:

View your tasks

Hope the above can be helpful. If you find any replies here useful, it will be appreciated that you can mark it as answer to close the thread. If you need further assistance on this problem, feel free to post back.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by namwam Wednesday, June 27, 2018 4:36 PM
    Tuesday, June 26, 2018 6:36 AM
  • Yuki,

Thanks for the support.

Cheers,
    Drew

Drew - IT Pro / MS Partner/Partner Company / Windows Insider / Owner - Computer Issues

Tuesday, June 26, 2018 7:13 AM
  • Yuki,

Thank you for the help. I was looking in the calendar. My task was in the Tasks List, and the reminder did popup on the time I had set it to.

Nam

Wednesday, June 27, 2018 4:40 PM
  • Nam,

In all fairness & accuracy... Yuri was merely telling that the answer (same info) that I had, already, given you was correct! He had, in fact, marker my answer to you as sufficient to Admin.

I am sure you see that the original answer, from myself, should be marked, by you, as being THE answer you needed. And you are welcome, in advance 😊

Thanks for your understanding.

Tip: look at the whole thread to verify the above.  You can, also, see my thanking him for seconding what I had, already, told you.

Cheers,
    Drew

• Edited by Drew1903 Wednesday, June 27, 2018 6:13 PM
    Wednesday, June 27, 2018 6:10 PM