Nero and Windows 7 The Nero products do not currently support the Beta versions of Windows 7. What about the HELP FILES ?! RRS feed

• Question

• As a general rule, Nero does not plan to add Windows 7 support for Nero versions prior to Nero 9.
    Bloody Great! I dont want to but another program. I hoped they would create a patch for the help files! Buy another program just to read the help files?!
     Does anyone know of any way to make the help files readable or acesable on Win7?
    Nortswa
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP Monday, September 7, 2009 4:22 PM Moved to relevant category (From:Windows 7 Miscellaneous)
    Saturday, September 5, 2009 2:46 AM

Answers

•  

Hi Nortswa,

There are some methods to solve the Nero running on Windows 7:

1, Run the previous Nero version in Windows XP compatible mode

a. Right-click the exe file to launch the Nero program and choose Properties.

b. Under the Compatibility tab, please check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and choose Windows XP.

c. Click OK to save the settings.

d. Please run Nero as the Administrator again.

2, If the previous Nero version cannot run in Windows XP compatible mode, you can download the Nero 9 free version or Nero 9 trail version and install on Windows 7.

You can download Nero 9 free version here

You can download Nero 9 trail version here

3, If you don’t want to download the trial or free version of Nero 9 to solve this issue, you can only contact the Nero Support to confirm if there is any solution can solve the pervious Nero version running on Windows 7 problem.

Contact Nero Support

Regarding the help files readable or accessible issue, if the help file cannot accessible, you can download the help files from the below link:

Nero Help files

However, if the problem is the help files cannot readable, please also download it again from the above link to test this issue. If it still cannot read it, we should contact the Nero Support to solve this issue also.

Betty

Monday, September 7, 2009 8:39 AM

All replies

• If you have a copy of windows xp just copy windows\winhlp32.exe to windows directory on 7.
    Duck.
    Saturday, September 5, 2009 3:26 AM
  • Good deal on Nero 9 upgrade at FRYS.
    Saturday, September 5, 2009 4:03 AM
  • big deal... download cdburnerxp... works beautiful and free.  Nero is just garbage now anyways. (not that i am bitter or anything)
    Sunday, September 6, 2009 5:38 PM
  • I'm running Windows 7 and Nero 8 on my laptops (RC for work, haven't gotten around to do a fresh install & 7 Enterprise at home) with no problems.  I can even read the help files in Nero.  I'm not sure what issues you're experiencing.  Have you tried uninstalling it, making sure that your Win7 is all up to date and then re-installing?  There may be a conflict with another program on your machine. 
    -Ken | http://ken.wagnerfamily.co.uk
    Sunday, September 6, 2009 5:44 PM
  • I'm running Windows 7 and Nero 8 on my laptops (RC for work, haven't gotten around to do a fresh install & 7 Enterprise at home) with no problems.  I can even read the help files in Nero.  I'm not sure what issues you're experiencing.  Have you tried uninstalling it, making sure that your Win7 is all up to date and then re-installing?  There may be a conflict with another program on your machine. 

I have nero 7 installed on Windows 7 RC build 7100 and may I add it works quite well along with the help files.
    Sunday, September 6, 2009 5:52 PM
  • Here's my only complaint:

Sunday, September 6, 2009 6:00 PM
  • Here's my only complaint:

You could download the complete help package from Nero, here's another link: http://www.nero.com/enu/support-nero7-helpfiles.html
    Sunday, September 6, 2009 7:07 PM
  • They also have a larger all language version which includes full help files. 

Sunday, September 6, 2009 9:21 PM
  •  

Hi Nortswa,

There are some methods to solve the Nero running on Windows 7:

1, Run the previous Nero version in Windows XP compatible mode

a. Right-click the exe file to launch the Nero program and choose Properties.

b. Under the Compatibility tab, please check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and choose Windows XP.

c. Click OK to save the settings.

d. Please run Nero as the Administrator again.

2, If the previous Nero version cannot run in Windows XP compatible mode, you can download the Nero 9 free version or Nero 9 trail version and install on Windows 7.

You can download Nero 9 free version here

You can download Nero 9 trail version here

3, If you don’t want to download the trial or free version of Nero 9 to solve this issue, you can only contact the Nero Support to confirm if there is any solution can solve the pervious Nero version running on Windows 7 problem.

Contact Nero Support

Regarding the help files readable or accessible issue, if the help file cannot accessible, you can download the help files from the below link:

Nero Help files

However, if the problem is the help files cannot readable, please also download it again from the above link to test this issue. If it still cannot read it, we should contact the Nero Support to solve this issue also.

Betty

Monday, September 7, 2009 8:39 AM
  • You may not have the latest version of nero 7.  The version you are using may be incompatible. If so, this is the latest updated version 07.11.10.0) and has no compatability issues with windows 7. Simply download the file and install it. This version works as it should with no issues on my windows 7 RC 32 bit. 

You can probably avoid going through those steps listed above whereas this is the link to the latest version :

NERO 7 - VERSION 07.11.10.0
    • Proposed as answer by Brian Borg Monday, September 7, 2009 8:41 PM
    Monday, September 7, 2009 4:47 PM