Issue after copying calendar items via Content & Structure tool RRS feed

• Question

• SharePoint 2007 x64

I tried copying a few calendar entries from a standard OTB calendar to a Calendar that has a few custom columns. (Not content type, just added list columns)

Using the "Content & Structure" tool.  It worked, but it broke the destination calendar.

It copied the items, but in doing so it removed my custom columns from the existing entries in the destination, and any new entries do not show the columns either.  (no matter if I allow CT management or not)

Not really sure what happened, and it also seems that I would have to delete the entire destination calendar, and start over.

If anyone has any info that willl help me in the situation, I would appreciate it.

EDIT ADDITIONAL INFO:

I figured out a workaround by removing the custom columns from the list(they were site columns), and re-added them to the list... But I still lost all the data that was held in them.

Lucky there are only a handful of calendar entires at this point, so its not so bad to go fix them.

• Edited by NachoScript Wednesday, March 28, 2012 8:16 PM more info
    Wednesday, March 28, 2012 8:03 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Glad to hear you have resolved the issue, and thank you for sharing the workaround.

Thanks

Daniel Yang

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 11:04 AM