none
Windows 8.1 workstation Redirected files Not redirecting

Question

• I have a Windows 2012 Essentials server that is currently hosting Windows XP machines where Folder Redirection and Roaming policies is working. I now have been asked to start upgrading the machines to Windows 8.1, I now find that that the Windows 8.1 machines Folder redirection is not working and Roaming profiles is fine however when I run RSOP.msc it reports Folder Redirection policy has applied successfully.

Regards

Maurice

Wednesday, March 04, 2015 10:23 PM

Answers

• Hi,

It's been a while. How is it going? If the issue persists, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Best regards,
    Frank Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Maurice.B Friday, September 04, 2015 3:45 AM
    Tuesday, March 17, 2015 1:48 AM

All replies

• Hi Maurice,

>>I now find that that the Windows 8.1 machines Folder redirection is not working

Before going further, folder redirection is user part setting. Here, does this issue occur to all the users whose folders are being redirected when they log onto the Windows 8.1 machines? Besides, please check Windows Logs\Application in Event Viewer to see if some related events were logged.

Best regards,

Frank Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 05, 2015 8:37 AM
  • Hi Frank

It works for all Windows XP users but not Windows 8.1 users, the event I see in event viewer is:

Event ID 1112

The Group Policy Client Side Extension Folder Redirection was unable to apply one or more settings because the changes must be processed before system startup or user logon. The system will wait for Group Policy processing to finish completely before the next startup or logon for this user, and this may result in slow startup and boot performance.

As mentioned in my post when I run RSOP and check user policy – Folder Rdirection Success

Thursday, March 05, 2015 8:56 AM
  • Hi Maurice,

>>The Group Policy Client Side Extension Folder Redirection was unable to apply one or more settings because the changes must be processed before system startup or user logon.

By default, fast logon optimization feature is enabled, and this event is normal when we apply Folder Redirection policy setting. Here, we can try to logon and logoff twice continuously to see if the folders can be redirected, or we can try to enable the following policy setting to see if it helps:

Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Logon\  Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon

Regarding fast logon optimization feature, the following article can be referred to for more information.

Description of the Windows Fast Logon Optimization feature

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/305293

Best regards,
    Frank Shen

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 2:43 AM
  • Hi,

It's been a while. How is it going? If the issue persists, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Best regards,
    Frank Shen

• Marked as answer by Maurice.B Friday, September 04, 2015 3:45 AM
    Tuesday, March 17, 2015 1:48 AM