none
This project can only be edited through Project Web App. Edit project. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I was hoping to link a related item (a task) to my risk but I get the above message and cannot see my project tasks.  Any ideas why this is the case?

thanks in advance.

Steve

Sunday, February 22, 2015 1:36 PM

All replies

• Hi Steve,

This is probably because you are trying to do this from the SharePoint site/task list. You cannot edit the task list from the SharePoint site but only from PWA Schedule page. Please try again by opening the project from the project center and navigating to the Schedule page.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Monday, February 23, 2015 11:14 AM
  • Hi Steve,

Have you published the project? If you cannot see the project tasks in the Tasks list it may be caused by your project not being published and the task list sync not being done. After that you should be able to access you tasks read-only and add the related items (either from the Risks list add the related task or from the task list you can add the related Risk)

Also, as Guillaume said, you can try to link the risks to your tasks directly from the Schedule page

Hope this helps

Paul

Monday, February 23, 2015 1:53 PM
  • Hi Guillaume, I have opened up a previously saved risk and then clicked "Add Related Item".  I want to relate a task to the Risk.  I just need the list to appear so I can click on a task/s to create the link.   Am I doing something wrong?

cheers

Steve

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 9:16 PM
  • Hi Paul, yes the project was published ok and the problem still persists.   I have just trying linking one of the tasks from within the schedule page and I now get the following message - "there is no sharepoint task associated with this task".

very confused now..

cheers

Steve

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 9:32 PM
  • Hi Steve,

If you go to the Connected SharePoint Site in the PWA Settings/Server Settings area can you see a Task list associated with your project? Also, are there any errors in the queue related to the WSSSync?

Paul

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 10:22 PM
  • In order to show those project schedule task in Task list Project Site, you need to enable option Sync SharePoint Tasks Lists in EPT. Heres the thread that explained this https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f88e9097-d7c0-4dc2-a1ed-908e08a84c82/the-tasks-link-under-the-project-site-location?forum=projectonline

Ariwibawa

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 9:25 AM