Cisco Softphone over UAG RRS feed

• Question

• Good afternoon,

You'll need to pardon my obvious ignorance, but I'm new to UAG. I've been tasked with investigating whether or not it would be possible to furnish remote users with access to VOIP, specifically Cisco Softphone, via UAG. Any pointers or even a straight, "Not bloomin' likely", would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Neil C.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010 1:10 PM

Answers

• No update since 2010 so question closed out
    Keith Alabaster - MVP/Forum Moderator
    Sunday, June 26, 2011 6:36 AM

All replies

• A cursory investigation with one of my customers reveals that the softphone is "not bloomin' likely" to work over DirectAccess because the app seems to send data between endpoints by using IP address and DA needs to use hostnames.

That said, UAG might have another way by using the application trunks.  Perhaps someone more well versed in that arena can provide some insight there.  I am currious about the answer too.

MrShannon | TechNuggets Blog | Concurrency Blogs
    Wednesday, December 15, 2010 2:19 AM
  • Thanks for getting back. My client isn't using DA, just a simple UAG Portal. I was thinking more along the lines of connecting client endpoints running Softphone to internal softphone users, perhaps through the use of Network Connector.

All clients are XP Pro SP3 and, being as this is a Public Sector body, there are no plans to deploy more current machines or deploy ip v6.

Regards.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 7:36 AM
  • Hi Neil,

I've managed to publish Cisco Softphone only with NC/SSTP (if you are not using DA) because they are using UDP and broadcasting

HTH

Idan Plotnik, ForefrontSecurity.org

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 8:48 AM
  • Good morning Idan,

Thanks for your input. Could you give me a brief overview of how you have configured SoftPhone / UAG to achieve this? Like I said, I'm new to UAG.

Thanks,

Neil C.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 9:13 AM
  • No update since 2010 so question closed out
    Keith Alabaster - MVP/Forum Moderator
    Sunday, June 26, 2011 6:36 AM