none
Upgrading from iPhone 6 to Samsung Galaxy S9+ has messed up Microsoft Authenticator App.. & I lost access to my hotmail account. RRS feed

• Question

•  Okay.. For about 9 months now i have been trying to recover my hotmail account & continue to get the message "There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get this message, try again later."  "Temporary"? How many times is considered reasonable for me to "try again later."?  I am constantly tormented & blocked by Microsoft's evasive automated services. I did manage to talk to a customer service rep one day at Microsoft but she told me there was nothing she could do to help me. I'm hoping to find someone from Microsoft in this forum with a little more expertise who "can"help. I first installed the app on my iPhone 6 last year & thought at the time it seemed to be a good idea. I upgraded my cell phone to a new Samsung Galaxy S9+ back in the Spring of this year. My apps were transferred to my new phone by the salesman at the store. My cell phone # remains the same & i gave my old iPhone 6 to my 13 yr old son. It was right around that time i lost access to my hotmail account as the verification code was not coming through to the Microsoft authenticator app on my new Samsung Galaxy S9+. I now have a dilemma with Apple as well because the verification codes they are sending me keep going through to my old iPhone 6. I can't factory refresh my old iPhone for my son because then i would have no way to receive verification texts from Apple. I have been trying to contact someone there in support as well because my Apple ID is still associated with my old iPhone 6. Can anyone give me some advice? Oh.. I have re-installed the Microsoft Authenticator app back onto the old iPhone & it appears my account information is still on it. I never even had to sign in.. i just installed the app & my account information was automatically there. But when i try to get a code sent now Microsoft's automated services continue to be extremely unhelpful. Advanced technology in security is far from perfection. Is this a common problem with switching from iPhone to Samsung Galaxy phones?
    Saturday, December 22, 2018 11:20 PM