Skype Consumer cannot make video or audio calls to SfB 365 users RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, hope you can help. Tenant config is correct for external people.

I have tested and added both a domain sfb account and a microsoft skype consumer contact in both respective clients.

• I can IM both ways
    • I can SfB to skype consumer Video and Audo call
    • I CANNOT Skype consumer to SfB Video and Audio.

I am hoping this is something simple. I have also tested on another tenant and sepearte skype consumer account. Skype accounts are linked with MS.

I did raise a support call in my tenant and the SfB tech said all config is correct in external communications of Skype Admin console and has pushed me to log a support call with Skype for Consumer. I am hoping this has been picked up on as the response wont be as quick

Thanks for any help

Saturday, February 4, 2017 9:05 AM

All replies

• Hi omenherd,

Please help us confirm the following questions:
    1.Did you use SFB online in your environment ?
    2.When you made AV call from SFB user to Skype user it works fine, but when Skype user made AV call to SFB user, it didn’t work, is that right?

For this issue, if the specific user had this issue, please compare user attributes in AD between the affected user and other normal users. Also make sure that SFB client and Skype client with the latest update.

You could also use Microsoft remote connectivity analyzer check if there are any errors.
    https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com

If you use SFB online, we suggest you post in SFB online forum, there are more experts will help you resolve this issue.
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 6, 2017 5:02 AM
  • Are you testing from Windows Client or Mac client ? Video calling form Mac is yet to  be supported 

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12315/can-i-contact-skype-for-business-users-from-skype

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

Monday, February 6, 2017 7:17 AM
  • Are you testing from Windows Client or Mac client ? Video calling form Mac is yet to  be supported 

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12315/can-i-contact-skype-for-business-users-from-skype

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

Using the latest Windows client as directed
    Monday, February 6, 2017 11:05 AM
  • Hi omenherd,

Please help us confirm the following questions:
    1.Did you use SFB online in your environment ?
    2.When you made AV call from SFB user to Skype user it works fine, but when Skype user made AV call to SFB user, it didn’t work, is that right?

For this issue, if the specific user had this issue, please compare user attributes in AD between the affected user and other normal users. Also make sure that SFB client and Skype client with the latest update.

You could also use Microsoft remote connectivity analyzer check if there are any errors.

Regards,

Alice Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact 

Hi Alice,

1.  SfB latest client installed from 365 tenant.

2.  Yes this is correct.  Sfb user can IM & AV to the Skype consumer client fine.  The Skype Consumer can IM but cannot AV to the SfB user.

3. remote analyzer is fine and all SRV records are correct, as said MS tech for 365 checked both tenants and they are setup correctly.

Thios is the same for two totally separate tenants that I look after when testing the issue after brought to my attention.  It occurred because we have some external clients that use ONLY the Skype Consumer client.

All users within the company 

Monday, February 6, 2017 11:09 AM
  • We have the same issue, anyone else with any input?
    Tuesday, February 7, 2017 11:15 AM
  • Hi omenherd,

Thanks for your response.

Did the issue appear on the specific Skype application? Are there any error message when Skype user made AV call to SFB user?

Please try to install the latest update for Skype client and test again.

Regards,

Alice Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, February 13, 2017 9:34 AM
    Thursday, February 9, 2017 9:12 AM