Internet randomly drops, Event ID 16002 RRS feed

• Question

• I never had this problem until the threshold 2 update on win10, randomly my internet will stop working.. I won't be able to connect to webpages or use a app that uses the internet.  However any app I'm on prior to my internet going out, I'll stay on like spotify and skype and I can use it normally stay on calls, IM, etc.

The error ID I get is 16002

Closing a UDP socket with local port number 49755 in process 1372 is taking longer than expected. The local port number may not be available until the close operation is completed. This happens typically due to misbehaving network drivers. Ensure latest updates are installed for Windows and any third-party networking software including NIC drivers, firewalls, or other security products.

I use broadcom drivers and there was a post on the ask microsoft forums saying to disable "Receive side scaling", which seemed to work but then today it happened again.  All my drivers seems up to date, the only thing other thing I can think of is every time the internet goes out and I get the 16002 error it is always followed by a DNS Client error 1014 with the same site

Name resolution for the name domrep.ff.avast.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Could avast be the problem?

Thursday, November 26, 2015 7:50 PM

Answers

• Hi SwitchSeven,

>> However any app I'm on prior to my internet going out, I'll stay on like spotify and skype and I can use it normally stay on calls, IM, etc.

This means that your TCP/IP protocol stack works well.

>> I never had this problem until the threshold 2 update on win10, randomly my internet will stop working

You could try to uninstall the recent update from windows update. And reinstall the NIC drivers from the website of manufacturer.

>> I get the 16002 error it is always followed by a DNS Client error 1014 with the same site

There is a link below could be help for this issue: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/3336.event-id-1014-microsoft-windows-dns-client.aspx

Besides you could monitor the network traffic of DNS query by using the Microsoft netmon tool.

For downloading, please navigate to the link below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=4865

Best regards,

Andy_Pan

• Proposed as answer by Hello_2018 Tuesday, December 8, 2015 11:26 AM
    • Marked as answer by Leo Han Wednesday, December 9, 2015 7:20 AM
    Monday, November 30, 2015 2:12 AM