Will my HP desktop 720c/722c series work with Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I am thinking of getting Windows 7 & want to know if my leagacy printer, HP Desktop 722c (in 720/722 series), will work.  I ran the Windows 7 upgrade advisor report & it did not have any compatibility information wbout this printer. 
    On the HP website I found a chart that said there would be a driver available from Windows Update for the 720c.  Cna I assume that this would also work for my 722c?
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 6:59 PM

Answers

• Hi justkay,

There won't be released any driver form HP for this printer.

Drivers You can get from Windows Update.

How to install Your printer under Win7? All informations about it You will find in this HP document.

Answer is yes it will work. :)

I found a chart that said there would be a driver available from Windows Update for the 720c.  Cna I assume that this would also work for my 722c?

Yes You can assume that. Why? Because for both models HP provides always the same drivers.

If You want to say thanks to anyone just click on Vote As Helpful (which is under every user avatar).

If Your problem is solved please mark then Your thread is with solution.

• Proposed as answer by Daniel Potyrala Wednesday, October 21, 2009 11:40 PM
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Saturday, October 24, 2009 7:43 AM
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 11:36 PM
  • Hi justkay,

According to HP's website, the driver for Windows Vista is available. Basically, It shall work for Windows 7. If you would like to know the detailed information, please contact HP directly.

Also, you can run Windows Update after installing Windows 7 and see if there is any newly update can be installed.

In addition, here is some information in checking compatibility issues:

Windows 7 Compatibility Center

HOW TO: Install a Hardware Device Driver using Compatibility Mode

Regards,

Linda

Thursday, October 22, 2009 6:25 AM

All replies

• Hi justkay,

There won't be released any driver form HP for this printer.

Drivers You can get from Windows Update.

How to install Your printer under Win7? All informations about it You will find in this HP document.

Answer is yes it will work. :)

I found a chart that said there would be a driver available from Windows Update for the 720c.  Cna I assume that this would also work for my 722c?

Yes You can assume that. Why? Because for both models HP provides always the same drivers.

If You want to say thanks to anyone just click on Vote As Helpful (which is under every user avatar).

• Proposed as answer by Daniel Potyrala Wednesday, October 21, 2009 11:40 PM
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 11:36 PM
  • Hi justkay,

According to HP's website, the driver for Windows Vista is available. Basically, It shall work for Windows 7. If you would like to know the detailed information, please contact HP directly.

Also, you can run Windows Update after installing Windows 7 and see if there is any newly update can be installed.

In addition, here is some information in checking compatibility issues:

Windows 7 Compatibility Center

HOW TO: Install a Hardware Device Driver using Compatibility Mode

Regards,

Linda

Thursday, October 22, 2009 6:25 AM
  • I forgot to mention that I have XP professional with SP2.  Does this matter?
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 11:08 AM
  • I used a USB adapter cable and is able to use my 722c printer with my Vista laptop. Bought a new win7 laptop last week. When I plug in the usb adapter cable, win7 detected it and installed the driver. When I tried to print, the 722c showed up as a valid printer (in the little window that let u select a printer). But when I clicked print, I got the error message 'Local print spooler is not running. Restart the spooler.'  I checked the local spooler service (via control panel/admin service), and it was stopped. I restarted it. Retry the print, the same thing happened. I'm speculating that the driver does not work with the spooler and caused it to stopped. I'm still trying to find a solution. Appreciate if someone can lend a hand.
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 5:57 PM
  • I too have the same problem.  My 720c is connected and installed.  I get the same comment concerning the spooler.  Please help, thanks, Hankt5@adelphia.net
    Wednesday, May 5, 2010 3:42 PM
  • @Hankt5

Hi,

Check this Microsoft article and use there " Mr. Fix It" to solve this problem.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010 6:44 PM