CM2012 Migration Gathering Data error caused by embedded Child Primary site FQDN typo RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I can successfully specify a Source Hierarchy and gather data pointing to our sccm 2007 central site. (3 - tiers) However when I try to gather data on one of the child primary sites I get a "Configuration Manager failed to gather data from CM07ChildPrimary.my.domin.org" error message. The other child primary site's FQDN (CM07ChildPrimary2.my.domain.org) is correctly displayed when configuring the gather data dialog box.

Migmctrl.log snippet:

ERROR: [MigrationManager]: Error occurred when connecting to WMI [\\CM07ChildPrimary.my.domin.org\root\SMS]. Connect to root\SMS failed, please make sure the DNS and the target machine is responsible. Error Information -2147023174, The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA)

I can successfuly connect to the WMI SMS namespace on the source server from the CM 2012 destination server using WBEMTEST if I correct the FQDN in the connection string. (CM07ChildPrimary.my.domain.org)

My quesstion is how can I fix or workaround this issue so that I can successfully gather data (and create migration jobs) from this CM07 child primary site?

Thanks you in advance for your assistance,

Patrick

Friday, August 16, 2013 6:47 PM

Answers

• The easiest way *could* be to just add CM07ChildPrimary.my.domin.org (yes, with the typo) to the HOSTS file so that the name can be resolved.

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

• Marked as answer by pd17817 Monday, August 19, 2013 3:29 PM
    Friday, August 16, 2013 8:34 PM