Sort requests by status as default and show more than 5 jobs on one page RRS feed

• Question

• Could anyone please confirm if it's possible to sort requests by Status as default instead of Type?

Also is it possible to show more than 5 requests on a page?

Also is it possible to bring up the Help Articles on the webpage instead of opening it as a rtf file?

Thursday, September 17, 2015 8:26 PM

Answers

• Yes, you should be able to sort by both Type and Status.

Can't remember if you can change the number of Requests that's loaded on each page, but my gut feeling tells me that it ain't.

No, in the out-of-the-box portal all Knowledge Articles will open up as separate RTF documents.

-

Honestly, the out-of-the-box portal for SCSM might look good at a first glance, but when you're really looking into it, you will realize that there are many things thats not built the way they should have been built. We don't have the option to fix these things either because the source code for the portal is not official.

Microsoft are working on a new, HTML based SSP that are targeted to be released with UR8, and there are several third party vendors that have built really powerful Portals for Service Manager.

www.cireson.com
    www.syliance.com
    www.gridpro.com

Regards
    //Anders

Anders Asp | Lumagate | www.lumagate.com | Sweden | My blog: www.scsm.se

Friday, September 18, 2015 6:07 AM

All replies

• Yes, you should be able to sort by both Type and Status.

Can't remember if you can change the number of Requests that's loaded on each page, but my gut feeling tells me that it ain't.

No, in the out-of-the-box portal all Knowledge Articles will open up as separate RTF documents.

-

Honestly, the out-of-the-box portal for SCSM might look good at a first glance, but when you're really looking into it, you will realize that there are many things thats not built the way they should have been built. We don't have the option to fix these things either because the source code for the portal is not official.

Microsoft are working on a new, HTML based SSP that are targeted to be released with UR8, and there are several third party vendors that have built really powerful Portals for Service Manager.

www.cireson.com
    www.syliance.com
    www.gridpro.com

Regards
    //Anders

Friday, September 18, 2015 6:07 AM
  • Do you know any way of choosing default sort as "Status" instead of "Type"?
    Thursday, September 24, 2015 9:16 PM
  • No, sorry. I don't think that is possible, but I'm unable to check it out as I don't have the OOB portal installed atm.

Regards
    //Anders

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 5:48 AM