Default Exchange Server for new users RRS feed

• Question

• I'm sure I'm missing something simple, but now that I've installed a new Exchange 2010 server, but while still in the process of migrating users (will be for a while)...

How do I make NEW user creation in AD give me the option to create mailbox on the new server.  It only gives me the option to create the user in the old server still.

Thursday, May 12, 2011 2:40 PM

Answers

• You can't, as the Exchange 2010 server is not compatible with the Exchange 2000/2003 management Active Directory snapin you're using.

You'll have to use the new Exchange 2010 Management Console to create new mailboxes on the server. You can create the users from scratch there as well if needed.

• Marked as answer by tmiller112 Friday, May 13, 2011 2:17 PM
    Thursday, May 12, 2011 3:33 PM
  • Hi
       ADUC is discontinued features in exchange 2010.
       You can’t create new mailbox by AD.
       You can create new mailbox by exchange manage console or exchange manage shell.
       You can read this article. It explains it in details.
       http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb123809.aspx

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, May 13, 2011 7:36 AM

All replies

• You can't, as the Exchange 2010 server is not compatible with the Exchange 2000/2003 management Active Directory snapin you're using.

You'll have to use the new Exchange 2010 Management Console to create new mailboxes on the server. You can create the users from scratch there as well if needed.

Thursday, May 12, 2011 3:33 PM
  • Hi
       ADUC is discontinued features in exchange 2010.
       You can’t create new mailbox by AD.
       You can create new mailbox by exchange manage console or exchange manage shell.
       You can read this article. It explains it in details.
       http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb123809.aspx

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, May 13, 2011 7:36 AM