none
Unable to save or publish project which in draft folder in Project Server 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• We are unable to retrieve the deleted project from the project center... we are able to view the project in Server Settings --> Delete Enterprise object --> under Delete Projects from Draft and Published Databases.

We are in hosted environment, we are unable to ProjTool to recover. Any suggestions will be really helpful.

We have also checked in Project professional 2010 with View All files.

Umesh S

Thursday, July 14, 2016 6:39 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If the project is still visible in the Drafts and Published database then it is not deleted.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

Thursday, July 14, 2016 9:09 PM
  • Please suggest some steps to retrieve the project.

Umesh S

Umesh S

Friday, July 15, 2016 1:58 PM
  • With the SQL query i was able to find the Project_UID...

However as I said that we are in hosted environment we got below powershell command to publish the individual project.... need to check if this command i applicable in multi - tenant environment.... Also we cannot use "useDefaultCredential" - can we use the different user login name to publish the project

$svcPSProxy = New-WebServiceProxy -uri "http://[your PWA project before/default.asmx]/_vti_bin/PSI/Project.asmx?wsdl" -useDefaultCredential

$job = [system.guid]::NewGuid()
    $svcPSProxy.QueuePublish($job, "put UID hier e.g. 4A2A5C24-E5EF-4196-A227-0A69DCA6CF8F", "true","")

Please advice on the same..

Umesh S

Friday, July 15, 2016 6:45 PM