windows vista and itunes RRS feed

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft TechNet Forum.

Firstly, I noticed that this issue is in regard a non-English version of the product. However, this forum is provided for English version support only. I am sorry to say that I can’t read the error message in Italian. I may need to suggest you post the question in Forum for that product language:

Please visit our Worldwide sites support page and find support resources that are provided. You can find your worldwide site here:

http://members.microsoft.com/partner/worldwide/default.aspx?nav=ln

Moreover, based on my test, iTunes can be installed on Windows Vista.  To troubleshoot this specific issue, I may also need to suggest that you contact iTunes for support.

Trouble installing iTunes or QuickTime for Windows

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1926

Meanwhile, I am happy to share some common troubleshooting here.

1.     Turn off User Account Control (UAC) and reinstall.

2.     Try to install other software and see if the issue occurs.

If not, this issue is related to iTunes, please completely uninstall iTunes and download the latest version of iTunes from Apple website, then reinstall it.

Otherwise, if the issue happens the same with other software. It may be related to Windows Installer Service issue. To troubleshoot this kind of issue, please take the following solutions to narrow down it.

1)     Check the Windows Installer Service

a)     Click Start, type services.msc in the Search Bar and press ENTER.

b)     If the Windows Installer Service is stopped, please start it and then try to install the applications again. If it has already been started, please stop and restart it to see how it works then.

2)     Install Windows Installer 4.5

You can download and install Windows Installer 4.5 to see if the Installer can be repaired.

Windows Installer 4.5 Redistributable

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Monday, May 18, 2009 10:50 AM