locked
UAG and Form Authentication Engine RRS feed

  • Question

  • I'm trying to configure UAG to authenticate against Moodle. I've completed the customupdate pieces and created a well formed XML document with the URL, User Agents and Control sections but nothing happens.

    How do you troubleshoot UAG and the Form Authentication Engine?

    Thanks

    Matt

    Monday, April 19, 2010 8:26 PM

Answers

All replies

  • You should start by opening the FormLogin.xml using internet explorer.  IE is a great debugger incase you have any syntax errors.

    The other common issue is a mix-match between the application type name you defined in UAG for the application, and the reference name in the LoginForm.xml file.

     

    You can also view a post I made a few weeks ago and see if this relates to your issue.

    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/forefrontedgeiag/thread/5292ff25-9631-4bd0-b3ff-65e29f1f8bc1

    Thank you.

    Dennis

    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Tuesday, April 20, 2010 4:07 PM
    Tuesday, April 20, 2010 5:52 AM
  • So I have tried this and still no success. What I have is:

     

    <WHLFILTFORMLOGIN ver="1.0">


     <APPLICATION>
     <APPLICATION_TYPE>Web</APPLICATION_TYPE>
     <USAGE description="form_login">
      <PRIMARY_HOST_URL><![CDATA[ /moodle/login/index\.php  ]]></PRIMARY_HOST_URL>
      <SECONDARY_HOST_URL><![CDATA[ .*/login/index.php\.*  ]]></SECONDARY_HOST_URL>
      <SCRIPT_NAME source="data_definition">FormLoginSubmitStandard</SCRIPT_NAME>
      <USER_AGENT>
       <AGENT_TYPE search="group">all_supported</AGENT_TYPE>
       <POLICY>multiplatform</POLICY>
       <SCRIPT_NAME source="data_definition">FormLoginHandler</SCRIPT_NAME>
      </USER_AGENT>
      <MULTIPLE_LOGIN>true</MULTIPLE_LOGIN>
     <LOGIN_FORM>
      <NAME>login</NAME>
      <METHOD>POST</METHOD>
      <CONTROL handling="dummy_value">
       <TYPE>USER_NAME</TYPE>
       <NAME>username</NAME>
       <DEF_VALUE>siteusr</DEF_VALUE>
      </CONTROL>
      <CONTROL handling="dummy_value">
       <TYPE>PASSWORD</TYPE>
       <NAME>password</NAME>
       <DEF_VALUE>sitepass</DEF_VALUE>
      </CONTROL>
      <LOGIN_EVALUATOR indicate="failure">
       <SEARCH encoding="">Invalid login</SEARCH>
      </LOGIN_EVALUATOR>
       </LOGIN_FORM>
       </USAGE>
      </APPLICATION>
    </WHLFILTFORMLOGIN>

    in a FormLogin.xml in the CustomUpdate folder but I click on my Moodle application and it just sits at the login page. The applicate type is defined as "Web" in UAG. The Form tag originally didn't have a NAME so I've added one because I was using ID and it still doesn't work. I've also removed the other form tags from the page.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks

    Wednesday, April 21, 2010 2:25 PM
  •   <PRIMARY_HOST_URL><![CDATA[ /moodle/login/index\.php  ]]></PRIMARY_HOST_URL>
      <SECONDARY_HOST_URL><![CDATA[ .*/login/index.php\.*  ]]></SECONDARY_HOST_URL>

    Change to...

      <PRIMARY_HOST_URL>.*/moodle/login/*</PRIMARY_HOST_URL>
      <SECONDARY_HOST_URL>.*/login/.*</SECONDARY_HOST_URL>

    I never used CDATA tags in those fields before....

    Thanks

     

     

    Thursday, April 22, 2010 8:26 PM
  • Thanks Dennis. That got it!

    I got the CDATA sections from some other examples. I was getting desperate!

    Matt

    Saturday, April 24, 2010 6:24 AM
  • Matt Dunkin

     

    What script di you use to "press" the Moodle logon button.

    Friday, November 25, 2011 8:13 AM