Step by Step Guide to configure coexistence Zimbra -Exchange 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Team

I am working on a migration project of 3000 users from Zimbra to Exchange 2016. They are in the same domain : contoso.io

I saw a lot of Informations in the forum concerning one aspect or the other . Please can you break the list for me on 

1/what should be done in Zimbra

2/ What should be done in Exchange ? ( I have compile a small list)

- create a relay domain (contoso.io) in Exchange

-Create a send connector on Exchange with Zimbra as smart host to accomodate users sending mails form Exchange to Zimbra

-Create a 2nd Connector on Exchange (*) -Normal Internet connector

-Create contacts on Exchange (not sure)

Wednesday, July 1, 2020 5:57 PM

Answers

• Hi, 

Based on my research, I am afraid there isn’t an officially documented guide about how to configure the coexistence of Zimbra and Exchange.

When it comes to the implement of send/receive connectors, hopefully you can find the discussion in the following threads helpful:
    How to configure same domain Zimbra mail & Exchange 2016 Mail 
    Exchange 2013 co-exist with zimbra shared domain

Besides, you may refer to the article below which describes the split domain configuration with Exchange and Zimbra:
    Split domain with Exchange 2007
    Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

By the way, as here we mainly focus on general issues about Exchange and our knowledge and resources regarding Zimbra are limited, so personally I’d like to recommend contacting Zimbra as well for further confirmation. Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by mbey Thursday, July 2, 2020 8:30 AM
    Thursday, July 2, 2020 6:41 AM

All replies

• Hello Mbey,

To my knowledge and research, Zimbra uses the IMAP connection. You can use the third party tools to migrate the data from Zimbra to the Onpremise Exchange 2016. MigationWiz is one of the option which has the detailed information on the requirements,

https://help.bittitan.com/hc/en-us/articles/360044417394-Migration-Planning-Strategy-Guide

https://help.bittitan.com/hc/en-us/articles/115008106907-Zimbra-to-On-Premises-Exchange-Migration-Guide

Other option would be to go for Export/Import PST. Creating a new mailboxes in Exchange and export the PST data from Zimbra and import it in the new exchange mailbox.

Thanks,
    Ashok M My blog

Thursday, July 2, 2020 6:08 AM
  • Hi, 

Based on my research, I am afraid there isn’t an officially documented guide about how to configure the coexistence of Zimbra and Exchange.

When it comes to the implement of send/receive connectors, hopefully you can find the discussion in the following threads helpful:
    How to configure same domain Zimbra mail & Exchange 2016 Mail 
    Exchange 2013 co-exist with zimbra shared domain

Besides, you may refer to the article below which describes the split domain configuration with Exchange and Zimbra:
    Split domain with Exchange 2007
    Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

By the way, as here we mainly focus on general issues about Exchange and our knowledge and resources regarding Zimbra are limited, so personally I’d like to recommend contacting Zimbra as well for further confirmation. Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by mbey Thursday, July 2, 2020 8:30 AM
    Thursday, July 2, 2020 6:41 AM