Remove Toolkit administrator form the Welcome screen RRS feed

• Question

• I have two account "admin" & "user" in my WinXP Home Edition, when I am using Shared Computer Toolkits, I can select the option "Remove Toolkit administrator form the Welcome screen" to remove the "admin" account from the Welcome screen and the "user" account log on automatically each time the computer started. But now I cannot do this in SteadyState. I have selected the option "Remove the Administrator user name from the Welcome screen....". How can do the same as in Shared Computer Toolkits.

Friday, November 2, 2007 6:08 AM

Answers

• Hi Tpyu,

Based on my test, you can try the following steps:

1. Copy Welcome.wsf from "C:\Program Files\Windows SteadyState\Scripts" to "C:\Windows"

2. Click Start and then Run. Type in cmd and click OK.

3. Type in "welcome /disable <username>" without quotations to remove the account from Welcome Screen.

Note: To restore this change, we can run "welcome /enable <username>" command.

Please understand that every administrator have privilege to run SteadyState, you may need to disable all of them from the Welcome Screen. To secure the system, you can also enable the "Do not display user names in the Log On to Windows dialog box" option.

Best Regards,

Monday, November 5, 2007 2:41 AM