none
Access desktop using Microsoft Remote Desktop android app on WAN

Question

• Hi,

My desktop computer is connected with my wifi router through an Ethernet cable. And my android device is accessing Internet from the same wifi. In this scenario, using Microsoft Remote Desktop android app, I can access my desktop computer on my android device.

As DHCP is enabled in my router and my router gets different ip addresses. Using https://www.whatismyip.com/, I checked actual public IP. It also changes.

Using Microsoft Remote Desktop android app,

• Can I access my Desktop Computer through WAN or Internet outside my network?
    • Can I do Wake on WAN or Internet outside my network?

Please guide me. What steps are required?

Regards

InTech

• Moved by Just Karl Tuesday, April 18, 2017 2:36 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Tuesday, March 21, 2017 8:54 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The Windows Desktop Perfmon and Diagnostic tools forum is to discuss performance monitor (perfmon), resource monitor (resmon), and task manager, focusing on HOW-TO, Errors/Problems, and usage scenarios.

As the question is off topic here, I am moving it to the Remote Desktop clients forum.

Karl

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 2:35 PM
  • Hi,

If you want to access your office desktop from outside your company network, your company must provide you with a means of remote access. The RD Client currently supports the following:

• Terminal Server Gateway or Remote Desktop Gateway
    • Remote Desktop Web Access
    • VPN

More information here:

Remote Desktop Client on Android: FAQ

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn473007(v=ws.11).aspx

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 7:28 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 12:54 AM