none
Power Query to SAP BO - Connection issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have spent a few hours trying to connect my Power Query addon to Business Objects.

But I am now facing an issue, and I can't do anything for it. It would be interesting to have your feedback on this :-)

I have the right address (link) to enter in the first invite in order to access to my universe, but my issue comes at the moment where I have to log in. 

I know exactly what to enter, but the thing is that numbers in my password disappears when validating, and the authentification mode comes back on "Enterprise" by default, so I am unable to link to my business objects universe...

I have all the minimum requirements, everything is ready to be used, I just have this small issue to fix... :-(

I have already uninstalled and re-installed it a few times to be sure...

Example with images :

1/ I enter my credentials as I should, and validate.

2/ Once I validated, I have an error message. When I go back in the options to see what is currently used for the connection, here is what I get :

Numbers disappeared and enterprise came back by default.

Did someone met this issue before? How could I found a workaround solution?

Thanks to all of you for your help and have a great evening,

Best regards,

Anthony.

Thursday, April 16, 2015 8:39 AM

Answers

• We would likely need more information to understand why authentication fails. There should be an error message coming back from the service that is displayed in the credential dialog. Otherwise, we would perhaps need to use a tool like fiddler or product traces to understand what the issue is.

If you use the "Send-A-Frown" feature built-into the product, we would be able follow up with you more closely (and you would be able to send us screenshots).

Thursday, April 23, 2015 11:53 PM

All replies

• It sounds like there's a bug with the UI when not using the Enterprise authentication mode.

What authentication mode are you specifying?

Can you explain to me what do you mean by numbers are disappearing in your password?

Friday, April 17, 2015 10:51 PM
  • Hello!

And thank you very much for your quick answer.

I have to use "Windows AD" authentification mode...

And for my numbers issue : let's say my password is "AZERTY2015". When I validate my authentification and that I re-open the connexion invite, then the password remaining in the textbar is only "AZERTY", the 2015 disappeared... This is really strange. Unfortunately I cannot attach my screenshots to show you that but hope my explanations were enough...

Monday, April 20, 2015 12:56 PM
  • I can confirm that modes other than "Windows AD" are not getting properly represented by the credentials dialog. We'll file a work item to fix this.

I cannot reproduce the issue where the numbers at the end of the password are truncated. The number of dots in the password field doesn't actually represent the length of the password that was entered previously and will be used. Maybe there's some confusion because of that?

Is this issue blocking you from connecting? If so, are you blocked from connecting because the password gets truncated?

Monday, April 20, 2015 9:50 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your help.

I don't know whether this is due to the "Windows AD" coming back to "Enterprise" correctly or my password getting truncated, but something is blocking my connection here... :-(

One thing is sure, the number of dots in my password in disminushed by exactly the length of numbers I have in my password...

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 8:44 AM
  • We would likely need more information to understand why authentication fails. There should be an error message coming back from the service that is displayed in the credential dialog. Otherwise, we would perhaps need to use a tool like fiddler or product traces to understand what the issue is.

If you use the "Send-A-Frown" feature built-into the product, we would be able follow up with you more closely (and you would be able to send us screenshots).

Thursday, April 23, 2015 11:53 PM