Sequencing html files RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone...

I have a requirement to sequence an IE file which has the link to install a one click application.

Requirement below:

• Create a short to html file placed in a network share eg: \\abcdXXXX\AppNaame\Appname.html
    • Create a shortcut for a doc file and it should be opened for every users when they launch the main application

Hence i created a App-V package with following settings: Created a shortcut with target pointing to \\abcdXXXX\AppNaame\Appname.html

Created the doc file shortcut with the doc file placed in the bubble and also created a VB script to call this doc file during Pre-Launch and conditioned it to create a key in HKCU and open the file only incase the key is not present. By this the Doc file does not launch the second time when users launch the main app shortcut(in this case the html file). This script to added to the main shortcut OSD file

I was able to load the package without issues. The problem is with the installation of one click app. When i click on install link, the application gets downloaded from the server and shortcuts gets installed. But the icon file is missing for the one click app and the One click gets downloaded again when i try to use it. If i install the app directly using the link it works. But issues with the Install using the Shortcut of sequnced app... Can anyone provide a fix for this issue??????

AppGN

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 1:01 AM

Answers

• ClickOnce type installers aren't a good candidate for sequencing. 

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 12:21 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I am not really sure how the docs relate to the problem - are you saying;

1. You are attempting to sequence a ClickOnce application

2. It does not end up in the package

3. It has to be redownloaded everytime you start it

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 6:57 AM
  • ClickOnce type installers aren't a good candidate for sequencing. 

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 12:21 PM