none
OLAP Database Input Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

This is the first time I have seen this error message:

I try and create an OLAP in Project Server 2010 and on the page I enter all the required information, but I get the following error:

"The operation was not completed because the input was not valid, or the server failed"

Has anyone else encountered this error?

Thanks

SJ

• Edited by SJ_PPM Tuesday, September 18, 2012 1:52 PM
    Tuesday, September 18, 2012 1:14 PM

Answers

All replies

• Just have been looking at both WFE and App server. If I look at 'Manage Servers' I can see that WFE shows requiring upgrade, but when I check all the patches of both the servers they match! App server is fine and no action is required.

I ran the upgrade status check and it shows under 'other' that two compoments require upgrade. Doesn't say which one. Do you think this could be causing an issue? Do you think Analysis services web page could be impacted by this?

All contents and site collections are upgraded though.

Thanks

SJ

• Edited by SJ_PPM Tuesday, September 18, 2012 2:05 PM
    Tuesday, September 18, 2012 1:50 PM
  • Have you scheduled the OLAP cube build ? Can you try removing the option "Update Periodically" under cube configuration ?

Thanks --Ajith

Thursday, September 20, 2012 10:02 PM
  • Yes, I did schedule it.

I followed your above suggestion and it worked! So I went back in the cube config and set the 'update periodically' again and that worked too!

I wonder what caused it though. I ran the PSConfig couple of times as I thought about the patches, but guess it was nothing to do with SP1 or the patches.

Just finished building my cube successfully! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

SJ

Friday, September 21, 2012 12:50 AM