FIXMAPI 1.0 MAPI Repair Tool has stopped working Outlook 2016 32bit Version - ALL Send To Email MAPI over HTTP Broken RRS feed

• Question

• We are using Office 2016 32bit KMS Licensing. We have applied the security and update patches to November 2017.

1500+ machines, multiple exchange accounts ands servers. Built is listed as 2016 16.0.4549.1000

For ALL Exchange 2013 accounts and servers using MAPI over HTTP, the "Send to email" Function crashes FIXMAPI from any application, including IE, Adobe, Windows Explorer etc for Outlook 2016.  Outlook 2010 using MAPI over HTTP works fine. Outlook 2016 using RPC over HTTP works fine. Issue happens on Windows 7 and Windows 10 so not OS specific.

If we DISABLE MAPI over HTTP via the registry key below and recreate the profile,  then it works however, this is not a solution as RPC over HTTP is now non-supported.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Exchange.
    MapiHttpDisabled
    REG DWORD
    VALUE = 1

Microsoft apparently released a "branch" to fix this with Outlook 365 but not Outlook 2016. When will Outlook 2016 be fixed?

lforbes

Thursday, November 30, 2017 4:28 PM

All replies

• Hi Iforbes,

I tried to use the same version of Outlook 2016 with MAPI over HTTP connection for a test. But I failed to reproduce the issue.

I right-clicked a document in Desktop, select Send to > Mail recipient, there is no issue with Outlook 2016. The document is added as attachment in Outlook correctly.

In your scenario, disable the anti-virus programs on current computer, please try starting Outlook in safe mode, then use the Send to > Mail Recipient to confirm if the issue can be reproduced. In Outlook side, try to work with a new Outlook profile to narrow down the issue on one problematic computer.

Additionally, I suggest you can create a non-domain account to logon computers, work with Outlook 2016 in MAPI over HTTP connection, confirm if the issue can be reproduced to narrow down if the issue is related to any settings deployed with domain account.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 1, 2017 9:47 AM
  • Hi Iforbes,

I tried to use the same version of Outlook 2016 with MAPI over HTTP connection for a test. But I failed to reproduce the issue.

I right-clicked a document in Desktop, select Send to > Mail recipient, there is no issue with Outlook 2016. The document is added as attachment in Outlook correctly.

In your scenario, disable the anti-virus programs on current computer, please try starting Outlook in safe mode, then use the Send to > Mail Recipient to confirm if the issue can be reproduced. In Outlook side, try to work with a new Outlook profile to narrow down the issue on one problematic computer.

Additionally, I suggest you can create a non-domain account to logon computers, work with Outlook 2016 in MAPI over HTTP connection, confirm if the issue can be reproduced to narrow down if the issue is related to any settings deployed with domain account.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

We are using Exchange with Office 2016 and not Office 365 like you are. We determined it is the new “wizzy wig” automatic office profile setup. If we create the profile manually using the mail control panel app it connects to the autoconfiguration server properly and the profile works fine. If we just launch Outlook for the first time it does a new wizzy wig connection and that connection makes a profile that doesn’t work. We also determined it is ONLINE profiles created by the first launch of Outlook and if we use cached mode it is fine but these tablets don’t have the harddrive space to cache the mail profiles of the 400 personelle who use them.

lforbes

• Edited by lforbes Friday, December 1, 2017 3:43 PM
    Friday, December 1, 2017 3:41 PM
  • Thanks iforbes! i can confirm i too am having the same issue and can also confirm that creating the profile manually work fixes the problem
    Monday, March 19, 2018 8:32 PM
  • Thanks iforbes! i can confirm i too am having the same issue and can also confirm that creating the profile manually work fixes the problem

Thanks for confirming it is happening to others. We have 8 Exchange servers in 8 domains and everywhere with Outlook 2016 MSI install the issue happens with MAPI over HTTPS using the wizzy wig but not if we use the Control Panel Mail app. Microsoft has not patched it yet. I think it is time for a support call. Ironically I can setup the same account in two profiles, one with the wizzy wig that doesn’t work and one with the control panel app that does and toggle between them to replicate the behaviour. I have used Process Monitor to track the traffic and it is no different.

lforbes

• Edited by lforbes Tuesday, March 20, 2018 2:33 AM
    Tuesday, March 20, 2018 2:32 AM
  • We have the same thing happening here with our MSI version as our users are being migrated to the cloud.  Did you ever find a patch or solution for existing profiles?
    Friday, May 18, 2018 6:50 PM
  • We opened an official ticket with Microsoft because of this. Apparently three previous vendors had opened the same issue and they refused to fix it. However, due to the nature of us supporting health care and this causing risks to patient care, our business case was successful to get them to fix the issue. I haven't been given a date yet though.

"We have some good news for you. Product group have accepted this hot fix
    request, as per the update fixes are in work and we do not have a fixed date for
    this. After talking to the Debugging team, this can take a month’s time"

lforbes

Tuesday, May 22, 2018 10:18 PM
  • Just facing the same issue - did you ever got that Hotfix ?

Cheers

Wednesday, March 20, 2019 3:26 PM
  • Just facing the same issue - did you ever got that Hotfix ?

Cheers

Yes they did patch it. It was included in a monthly update available for everyone. Can’t remember the number off the top of my head.

lforbes

Saturday, March 23, 2019 2:55 PM
  • I'm running version 1906 build 11727.20230 Click-to-Run of Outlook 2016, and the problem's still there. What version are you running?
    Sunday, July 7, 2019 10:43 AM
  • I'm running version 1906 build 11727.20230 Click-to-Run of Outlook 2016, and the problem's still there. What version are you running?
    We got it in a monthly rollup for security. It seems to have gone away. Did you do your full security roll up?

lforbes

Sunday, July 7, 2019 10:12 PM
  • I'm running a Click-to-Run install via Office 365, and checking for updates reports my system is up-to-date...
    Monday, July 8, 2019 7:16 AM
  • I've been having the same problem since the May updates from Microsoft.  I created a new profile on my computer last week and the problem still happens.   Any time I right-click a file and choose "send to mail recipient" it prompts with FIXMAPI 1.0 MAPI Repair Tool.  It has my computer name/"part of my email address" in the username field.  If I change that to my actual Outlook.com email address and type in my password, it sends the message.  The problem also occurs with Snipping Tool.
    Thursday, July 18, 2019 10:25 PM