none
Power Query October Update failing to connect to Facebook RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed the latest Power Query update, and now it no longer seems able to connect to facebook.

Just a simple list of my likes or friends is failing with an expression error. See the image below.

I can't see how I'm doing anything wrong as I'm using the Power Query interface and now hand crafting the PQ query.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Craig Bryden - Please mark correct and/or helpful answers

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 9:58 PM

Answers

• Hi Craig,

Could you send us an "frown" email through Power Query. Just click on Send feedback menu and select send a frown. We will send you more details to debug this issue via email.

Thanks!

Zafar Abbas (MSFT)

Zafar Abbas

Friday, October 18, 2013 8:00 PM

All replies

• Hi Craig,

Thanks for reporting this issue. We are not aware of any general issue with the Facebook connector in this release. Could you also try a different kind of connector, such as From Web, From SQL Server, or even just type "= 5" in the fx bar?

Please let us know the outcome and we can then try other troubleshooting options.

Regards,
    M.

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 1:33 AM
  • I am getting a similar error with most connection types. "From Web", "From SQL Server" are both failing as well.

The ones that I've found that is working is "From Folder", "From Excel". "= 5" is also working.

I may be way off base, but it appears that the failing ones are ones that need some sort of authentication or Internet connectivity

Craig

Craig Bryden - Please mark correct and/or helpful answers

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 2:26 AM
  • Hi Craig,

Could you send us an "frown" email through Power Query. Just click on Send feedback menu and select send a frown. We will send you more details to debug this issue via email.

Thanks!

Zafar Abbas (MSFT)

Zafar Abbas

Friday, October 18, 2013 8:00 PM