none
ERROR: Some users have been signed in with a temporary profile.

Question

• Dear forummembers and moderators,

Some users/userprofiles on the domain recieve the following error when they try to log in to a domain computer and/or the RDP-server. It should be concern useraccounts that have been removed (by accident) and recreated (with the same name); Could that cause the error? I've tried to troubleshoot this by creating a new userprofile, where I didn't recieve a message.

There is a profilepath configured for each user, (\\serverdc\profile$\%username%) so that each account is a roaming account.

The operating systems are Windows Server 2016 (RD server) and Windows 10 for the domain computers.

Kind regards,

Ruben

• Moved by nzpcmad1 Wednesday, February 1, 2017 12:28 AM From ADFS
    Tuesday, January 31, 2017 8:25 PM

Answers

Some users/userprofiles on the domain recieve the following error when they try to log in to a domain computer and/or the RDP-server. It should be concern useraccounts that have been removed (by accident) and recreated (with the same name); Could that cause the error? I've tried to troubleshoot this by creating a new userprofile, where I didn't recieve a message.

Ahhh I hate this error... Anyways... :)

I can caused by renaming useraccount too, like if they change the samaccountname in AD and it mess up the profile on the system. You should get RID of this temp profile from local disk and registry. I suggest read below article since the process is the same for all OS's:

Mahdi Tehrani   |     |   www.mahditehrani.ir
    Please click on Propose As Answer or to mark this post as and helpful for other people.
    This posting is provided AS-IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 4:56 AM
  • Hi Ruben,

Here is an article below about temporary profile may be helpful to you.

Windows cannot find the local profile – using temporary profile

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/deds/2009/12/14/windows-cannot-find-the-local-profile-using-temporary-profile/

Best Regards,

Jay

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 10:32 AM

All replies

Ahhh I hate this error... Anyways... :)

I can caused by renaming useraccount too, like if they change the samaccountname in AD and it mess up the profile on the system. You should get RID of this temp profile from local disk and registry. I suggest read below article since the process is the same for all OS's:

Mahdi Tehrani   |     |   www.mahditehrani.ir
    Please click on Propose As Answer or to mark this post as and helpful for other people.
    This posting is provided AS-IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 4:56 AM
  • Hi Ruben,

Here is an article below about temporary profile may be helpful to you.

Windows cannot find the local profile – using temporary profile

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/deds/2009/12/14/windows-cannot-find-the-local-profile-using-temporary-profile/

Best Regards,

Jay

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 10:32 AM
  • You can navigate to the user profile events on the machine wherein users are trying to login , Also you need to make sure that roaming profile path is accessible for the users from the machine.When roaming profile path is not reachable based on the conditions what we have setup in GPO's , It will give you temp profile to logon.

Alternatively you can check if the user profile list is having good entry in registry.

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\

Thursday, February 2, 2017 9:23 PM