none
Windows 10 Enterprise Evaluation 1511 Upgradable via WSUS

Question

• Trying to figure out if our Windows 10 Enterprise Evaluation copy running 1511 will upgrade to 1607 via WSUS using the Feature Update to Windows 10 Enterprise, version 1607, en-us. I approved the update within WSUS, but the machine is not pulling it down. I have verified that the update is ready to install and has downloaded to the server.  Trying to test current GPO settings to verify Updates in regards to scheduled restarts. If anyone knows if Updating is possible it would be greatly appreciated.

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 4:13 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please understand that Evaluation version is not a formal system version, this system can’t execute upgrade/degrade operations, it is just used for trial.

Therefore you couldn’t upgrade Enterprise Evaluation 1511 to Enterprise 1607 RTM by any way(of course including WSUS).

In order to let your clients use Windows 10 1607 Enterprise, I suggest to deploy 1607 image via deployment tools directly.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 23, 2017 6:54 AM

All replies

• Hello,

No it will not.

Thanks, Darrell Gorter [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 6:49 PM
  • Hi,

Please understand that Evaluation version is not a formal system version, this system can’t execute upgrade/degrade operations, it is just used for trial.

Therefore you couldn’t upgrade Enterprise Evaluation 1511 to Enterprise 1607 RTM by any way(of course including WSUS).

In order to let your clients use Windows 10 1607 Enterprise, I suggest to deploy 1607 image via deployment tools directly.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 23, 2017 6:54 AM