Can not change logon for Application Virtualization Management Server service RRS feed

• Question

• We have the Application Virtualization Management Server running fine. However, the service is running under a user account name.

If I try to change this to "local service" or "network service", the service wont start.

In the event log I get Failed to establish a connection to the data source: (Server: vm-fp-mssql, Database: AppVirt). and System dispatcher initialization error [-1]. System dispatcher startup will stop.

The machine account is a user in the appv sql database so, im not sure what is going on.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Thursday, May 13, 2010 1:02 PM

Answers

• Hello,

There is a whitepaper detailing what needs to be setup in SQL to deploy app-v. This explains loads of steps - but it does explains the scripts that runs and those might give you a hint where you need to give additional permissions to the computer account.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/6/1/161042F3-9CDE-45F7-BC20-4FBDA8888890/Creating_new_db_using_sql_scripting.docx

/Znack

Thursday, May 13, 2010 1:22 PM

All replies

• Hello,

There is a whitepaper detailing what needs to be setup in SQL to deploy app-v. This explains loads of steps - but it does explains the scripts that runs and those might give you a hint where you need to give additional permissions to the computer account.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/6/1/161042F3-9CDE-45F7-BC20-4FBDA8888890/Creating_new_db_using_sql_scripting.docx

/Znack

Thursday, May 13, 2010 1:22 PM
  • Hi Znack,

Thanks for the reply.

I've tried to follow as much as the article that I can but, still no luck. 

The article states to "Grant "View ANY DEFINITION" to the user but, the login that is working doesnt seem to have this permission specificly granted.

I have granted local service and network service sysadmin rights to the database but, it didnt seem to make a difference. I also made sure the local service and network service had SFT admin and SFT everyone database roles but, again, same result.

Thanks again for sending the info. I did learn from it.

Steve

Thursday, May 13, 2010 4:02 PM
  • Hello,

What version are you using?

And how come its set to a user account in the first place?

/Znack
    Thursday, May 13, 2010 7:16 PM
  • We are using version 4.5.

Im not sure why the person who set it up has their own account as the service login. Im guessing its because he could not get the network or local service login to work.

Thanks.

Steve

Thursday, May 13, 2010 8:24 PM