Unable to answer a call in office communicator 2007 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I have a strange issue where I seem to be unable to answer a MOC's video/voice calls when i'm in a particular office. I hear the ringing of a call but the option to connect to the call does not appear on my screen??

The strange thing is that when I'm in a different office or dialed in from home I can accept MOC's video\voice calls with out any issues.

Any ideas what the issue is? I'm using office communicator 2007 R2 on a Windows 7 image. I'm wondering if there is an issue with the fact I'm in a different office to my normal one and it could be DHCP related or some how the network is blocking the option, but if thats the case why do I hear the ringing of a call?

Like I say it works fine in other offices and from home, if you can point me in areas to investigate that would be great.

Many thanks.

Monday, November 12, 2012 4:16 PM

Answers

• As the call was coming via the internet, I think the problem is related with the voice policy limitation.

Please try to sign in another user in your office in the particular office.

Use the local user in the particular office to call your Lync user in the particular office.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by Lisa.zheng Tuesday, November 27, 2012 3:12 AM
    • Marked as answer by Lisa.zheng Wednesday, November 28, 2012 2:37 AM
    Wednesday, November 14, 2012 2:41 AM

All replies

• What is the call number, an internal extension or PSTN number?

Can you dial other number in the particular office?

What is the difference between the particular office and your office?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 6:58 AM
  • The particular call was coming via the Network from my collegues in France. The only difference I can think off is that I am sitting on a different IP range. I can dial another colleague but can't seem to receive any calls.
    Tuesday, November 13, 2012 11:09 AM
  • As the call was coming via the internet, I think the problem is related with the voice policy limitation.

Please try to sign in another user in your office in the particular office.

Use the local user in the particular office to call your Lync user in the particular office.

• Proposed as answer by Lisa.zheng Tuesday, November 27, 2012 3:12 AM
    • Marked as answer by Lisa.zheng Wednesday, November 28, 2012 2:37 AM
    Wednesday, November 14, 2012 2:41 AM