none
KPI DashBoard Presentation in PPS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I would like to present kpi’s in a scorecard for today, yesterday and 2 days ago in a PPS Dashboard. Like what is shown on the web scorecard here but I want to include actual  targets, and  trends for each day.

http://richardlees.com.au/Sites/Demonstrations/Shared%20Documents/Web%20Dashboard%20-%20close%20to%20real%20time%20analytics%20of%20this%20internet%20site/Internet%20Activity%20Today.aspx

I have kpis setup which use parallel period and prevmember so I can present the kpis both ways.  

A couple of things that I need clarification on.

1)      I am using the date fiscal hierarchy when creating the logic for the parallel period and the previous period.   Will this correctly show the KPI when the Hierarchy is drilled through from the year, quarter,date.

2)      If I want to see the KPI’s across the calendar date Hierarchy can I use those attributes or do I need to define a parallel period and previous period for the calendar Hierarchy.

3)      How do I present these KPI in PPS over the rolling period mentioned in the above example.

Thanks,

Larry

Saturday, May 2, 2009 1:24 PM

Answers

• You can configure the Time with your data source and utilize the built-in time intelligence with PPS to get at the information you are looking for.  Once you configure the Time on your data source you can reference the current day, month, year, etc.  You can configure this for only one calendar period though per data source, so in your case you might need to made an additional data source to use both calendar and fiscal.

Configure time and aggregation settings

Working with Time Intelligence in PerformancePoint Monitoring

Once you have this setup in the data source for the KPI use can use a Time intelligence filter for your KPIs - Map a KPI to a dimensional data source.

If you are looking at other alternatives then it sounds like you are going to want to look at implementing what is known as a shell dimension in your SSAS database to reference for you time intelligence.  There are different options for this Time Calculations Paper and DateTool Dimension.
    Dan English's BI Blog
    • Marked as answer by LarryBiStack Monday, May 4, 2009 3:17 AM
    Saturday, May 2, 2009 9:16 PM