none
BGinfo tile problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys!

We currently working on a bginfo solution.

The problem is that everytime im applying the bginfo.exe is turning the backgorund settings "Choosing a fit" to Tile instead of strech.

So when the user putting in a docking station or something, it goes bananas!

Ive searched that other have similar issue, they say it fixes when i putting this registerkey in

Key:
    HKLM:\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers 
    Name 
    C:\temp\bginfo\bginfo.exe 
    Value
    ~ HIGHDPIAWARE

but it dosent help, have also tried on the bginfo.exe file /combability tab / Change high DPI settings /High DPI scaling override (checked and application)

Tried it on 
    Windows 1703
    Windows 1803
    Same issue on both of them

Anyone know how to fix this problem

Cheers
    Pontus

Monday, May 13, 2019 7:24 AM

All replies

• Hi Pontus

Could you try changing the following registry value

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Winternals\BGInfo\WallpaperPos

from 2 to 3 and confirm that this resolves your issue?

MarkC (MSFT)

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 7:53 AM
  • Hey!

Tried that also, we had "5" changed it to "3", but still no luck.Changed it to "2" also, but same issue. It goes to Tile after i run the bginfo.exe file.

/Pontus

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 8:26 AM
  • Hi Pontus,

I think I may having the same issue as you.

From my understanding, bginfo essentially takes a screenshot of your current wallpaper (at the current resolution) and set's this as a tiled wallpaper.
    The problem is when you've changed your screen resolution, it obviously doesn't scale.
    I'm still trying to find a better solution but I believe if you rerun bginfo once you've changed your resolution, it will take another 'screenshot' of the original wallpaper and re-set bginfo over the top.

So, I believe one solution is to setup scheduled task, with particular triggers (e.g unlock of workstation) to rerun bginfo more frequently and not just at the initial logon of the user.

Sunday, May 26, 2019 10:41 PM
  • Hey, i did a script that works even bettter in my opinion, feel free to test it :)

https://pontuswendt.blog/2019/05/31/a-modern-bginfo-solution-just-a-simple-powershellscript/

Pontus

Friday, May 31, 2019 10:22 AM
  • I'm having this same issue, tried all of the fixes and still changes to tiled, pretty much bringing my whole deployment of BGinfo to a dead stop
    Monday, August 19, 2019 2:30 PM
  • Really nobody at ms can figure this out?
    Friday, September 6, 2019 6:32 PM