Uploaded documents are marked as checked-out, even though feature is not enabled, unable to checkin, or discard checkout RRS feed

• Question

• CONTENT ADMIN:

check in and check out has always been turned off… I even tried creating a whole new library and a whole new site and it’s still the same error and is apparently happening all over in this whole collection.

The document is checked out to the user somehow (even thought check out has been off the entire time) and when she checks it in she get this error message:(however, major versions on "on", keep 2)

"You must fill out all required fields" (of which consists only 1 Name, and it is filled in)

And when you check all properties of the document there are none missing:

You can’t discard the check out as there was never a previous version of this document because I just uploaded it.

ME: (Admin)

I just uploaded a "blank" file to the same library, and did not have this issue.

Any ideas?

Joshua Fuente Farm Administrator SharePoint Products & Technologies

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, April 28, 2011 6:09 AM Odd blue and rather large text replaced with normal text (throughout post)
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 8:55 PM

All replies

• So I think I found the issue...

The content/admin and user, were opening an excel XLSX from the lirbrary, and attempting to save a single sheet from the XLSX back to the library as an HTM file.

When this happens, you have to give the "new"(HTM) document a Title.  It a requiered field, no matter if you have document check in/out enabled or not.  You can do this in the "save as" dialog box when saving the file back to the library.

But you CAN'T do it once you have uploaded the document.

Once the new HTM file was given a title, it did not show as "checked out" upon upload anymore.

And just for explanation sake, this was MOSS 2007 standard, and Office 2007.

Joshua Fuente Farm Administrator SharePoint Products & Technologies
    Friday, April 29, 2011 7:35 PM