none
EnableAnalyticQueryLogging, where is the log??? RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I have set the EnableAnalyticQueryLogging option to True

but...

where is the resulting log file???

I don't see anything anywhere (including the event log of windows)

Thanks.

Sunday, March 23, 2008 3:57 PM

Answers

• Hello Willgart,

When you set EnableAnalyticQueryLogging = True in your web.config files all MDX queries that have been run are placed in Server Event Log entries (under the Application group of events).

If you can't see them make sure you have changed parameter EnableAnalyticQueryLogging in web.config files in all three places (depends on that which PPS application would you like to trace) :

Web Service
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office PerformancePoint Server\3.0\Monitoring\PPSMonitoring_1\WebService

Preview Site
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office PerformancePoint Server\3.0\Monitoring\PPSMonitoring_1\Preview

SharePoint Site
    C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\80\web.config

All paths above are in the default configuration (might be different in your environment).

I hope this will be helpful,

Best regards,

Radoslaw Lebkowski

Sunday, March 23, 2008 9:56 PM

All replies

• Hello Willgart,

When you set EnableAnalyticQueryLogging = True in your web.config files all MDX queries that have been run are placed in Server Event Log entries (under the Application group of events).

If you can't see them make sure you have changed parameter EnableAnalyticQueryLogging in web.config files in all three places (depends on that which PPS application would you like to trace) :

Web Service
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office PerformancePoint Server\3.0\Monitoring\PPSMonitoring_1\WebService

Preview Site
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office PerformancePoint Server\3.0\Monitoring\PPSMonitoring_1\Preview

SharePoint Site
    C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\80\web.config

All paths above are in the default configuration (might be different in your environment).

I hope this will be helpful,

Best regards,

Radoslaw Lebkowski

Sunday, March 23, 2008 9:56 PM
  •  

it's what I have do.

but the logging as not started directly.

now I can see the queries in the event log. I don't know why the logging as not started directly after the configuration change.

thanks for your reponse.

Sunday, March 23, 2008 10:32 PM