none
exchange 2010 5.7.3 authentication unsuccessful

Question

• hello everybody,

our customer has a web server hosted outside our organization and on-promise exchange 2010 server,

they have a "donation" website, any external user can receive a bank account number in his email by typing his email and then " submit.

but they receive this error message 

An error has occured while sending the email:
    535 5.7.3 Authentication unsuccessful"

how to deal with this issue? please help

Mohammad Naji senior exchange administartor

Tuesday, November 1, 2016 6:44 AM

Answers

• thanks all for replying,

I already created new receive connector, anonymous and exchange users are ticked on " permissions" tab

TLS, and basic authentication are ticked on " authentication" tab

telnet to the web server from the exchange server on port 25 is working fine, and vise versa

but when trying to send email via telnet, I receive " authentication problem"

in web server, just put the mail server IP and the sender for the notification

Regarding prabodha reply,

how the web hosting provider can use their mail server to send a notification mail with the sender : user@mydomain.com" 

Mohammad Naji senior exchange administrator

Also make sure Externally Secured is checked under Authentication tab, because web server hosts outside organization.

Based on my knowledge, if we configure the relay connector properly, then when the web server send messages (generally not use the sender in exchange server) to external recipients who submit their email address, the emails will be relied out to external recipients via Exchange server.

Regards,

Lynn-Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Lynn-LiModerator Tuesday, November 15, 2016 12:54 PM
    • Marked as answer by mnaji Tuesday, November 15, 2016 2:32 PM
    Tuesday, November 8, 2016 2:27 AM

All replies

• Hi, this is not sufficient to give you any suggestion. From the error if I suggest then you can add "Exchange User" on "Permission Group"of receive connector, it will help.
    • Edited by PK Sarangi Tuesday, November 1, 2016 8:22 AM
    Tuesday, November 1, 2016 8:18 AM
  • hello everybody,

our customer has a web server hosted outside our organization and on-promise exchange 2010 server,

they have a "donation" website, any external user can receive a bank account number in his email by typing his email and then " submit.

but they receive this error message 

An error has occured while sending the email:
    535 5.7.3 Authentication unsuccessful"

how to deal with this issue? please help

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/exchange/en-US/906f235a-9979-43de-944f-d9adac0385c5/535-573-authentication-unsuccessful?forum=exchange2010

Please see this,

In your receive connector you need to set the correct permission to let the relay client accepted by your exchange server.

Mihir Nayak If a post is helpful, please take a second to vote

Tuesday, November 1, 2016 8:32 AM
  • HI and thank you for your reply, appreciated

in the permission group: I add anonymous, exchange users, legacy exchange, exchange servers

maybe the issue is from external web server, not from exchange?

please let me know if you need any other information that may help in investigation

Tuesday, November 1, 2016 5:43 PM
  • Hi,

You need to elaborate, how you configure your external server to send mails. You may create a relay connector with Anonymous User rights. You also need to publish SMTP port 25 on internal firewall. Link :

http://www.msexchange.org/articles-tutorials/exchange-server-2010/management-administration/managing-relay-connectors-exchange-server-2007-2010-part2.html

It is a security risk, so I would suggest to check with the web hosting provider, to use their email server to send such type of mails.

Thanks

Prabodha 

• Edited by PK Sarangi Tuesday, November 1, 2016 7:09 PM
    Tuesday, November 1, 2016 7:08 PM
  • Hi,

How do you configure the mail flow from that web server to on-promise exchange 2010 server? Generally, we need to create a new receive connector for that web server and allow Anonymous Relay on it.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb232021%28v=exchg.141%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Make sure at least 'anonymous users' is checked under permission groups. And add Exchange servers to take a test. If all the configurations above are configured properly, you may look into the authentication on external web server.

Regards,

Lynn-Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 3, 2016 7:54 AM

I already created new receive connector, anonymous and exchange users are ticked on " permissions" tab

telnet to the web server from the exchange server on port 25 is working fine, and vise versa

how the web hosting provider can use their mail server to send a notification mail with the sender : user@mydomain.com" 

Thursday, November 3, 2016 9:04 AM

Mohammad Naji senior exchange administrator

Also make sure Externally Secured is checked under Authentication tab, because web server hosts outside organization.

Based on my knowledge, if we configure the relay connector properly, then when the web server send messages (generally not use the sender in exchange server) to external recipients who submit their email address, the emails will be relied out to external recipients via Exchange server.

Regards,

Lynn-Li

• Proposed as answer by Lynn-LiModerator Tuesday, November 15, 2016 12:54 PM
    • Marked as answer by mnaji Tuesday, November 15, 2016 2:32 PM
    Tuesday, November 8, 2016 2:27 AM
  • see the following:

spf=softfail (google.com: domain of transitioning x@amydomain.com does not designate x.x.x.x as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=x@mydomain.com

what is the solution for this?

it is for the same issue i had, not new issue

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 2:11 PM