none
Windows SteadyState logging user off RRS feed

• Question

• I am currently using the latest version of SteadyState which I believe is 2.5.     I having the user profile locked and fully restricted.  I have also turned off the idle session timer as well as log off timer.   I  have also turned the screensaver to come on after an hour of idle and set the display to never turn off as well as high power settings in control panel.

None of these have seemed to stop the system from randomly logging the user off after being idle for a  bit.  It can be any where from 10 mins to 25 mins before it'll log the user off.

I have tried looking through all of the restrictions that I have applied and none of them indicate logging off besides the session timers.   

Does anyone have any suggestions?   I am going to attempt to see if what this thread says works or not http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowssteadystate/thread/d1531623-0bef-4393-b4cd-9a7f9308f6c7

Any help would be appreciated.

Thursday, November 12, 2009 1:55 PM

Answers

• Hi SCSI15, if this issue randomly occur, I recommend you check other system issues instead of Windows SteadyState. Have also checked power options, such as sleep/hibernation?
    Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Friday, November 13, 2009 7:27 AM