infringement of intellectual rights of GUI design RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Sir,
    I am contacting you regarding infringement of intellectual rights on my invention Progress bar integrated to buttons by Microsoft. Details of infringement are as follows. I had sent a new GUI idea to Microsoft and other companies. Details my idea are attached here. Now I found that my Idea has been used by Microsoft in Windows 7 OS without any acknowledgment to me.
    Editor of Chip magazine Brian Pereira has replied to my query for publishing about my invention in Chip Magazine. The reply is attached herewith. The reply is dated 14 April 2008.
    My idea is to integrate progress bar into task bar buttons and other respective buttons
    Kindly take necessary remedial action to stop this infringement or please give me some reimbursement.
    For more details “ http://sites.google.com/site/delvezonegui/ ”

How can I contact intelectual property or legal department of microsoft?
    Best Regards,

Diji N J

• Edited by Ronnie VernonMVP Friday, September 24, 2010 8:59 AM Personal Information removed
    Friday, September 24, 2010 5:37 AM

All replies

• Dear Sir,
    I am contacting you regarding infringement of intellectual rights on my invention Progress bar integrated to buttons by Microsoft. Details of infringement are as follows. I had sent a new GUI idea to Microsoft and other companies. Details my idea are attached here. Now I found that my Idea has been used by Microsoft in Windows 7 OS without any acknowledgment to me.
    Editor of Chip magazine Brian Pereira has replied to my query for publishing about my invention in Chip Magazine. The reply is attached herewith. The reply is dated 14 April 2008.
    My idea is to integrate progress bar into task bar buttons and other respective buttons
    Kindly take necessary remedial action to stop this infringement or please give me some reimbursement.
    For more details “ http://sites.google.com/site/delvezonegui/ ”

How can I contact intelectual property or legal department of microsoft?
    Best Regards,

Diji N J

Hi Diji N J

These forums are for supporting Windows 7.

it sounds like you need to telephone your local Microsoft office.

Here is a link where you can find the telephone numbers for all of the Microsoft Worldwide Offices.

Microsoft Worldwide Home:
    http://www.microsoft.com/worldwide/

Hope this helps.

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Friday, September 24, 2010 9:09 AM
  • Actually I developed this GUI concept to support/improve Windows. I never thought microsoft will do something like this to a small time devoloper.

I contacted microsoft over phone its interactive. there is no option for general en query. for partner option I need to have a id number. I also contacted to iplicreq@microsoft.com and connect@microsoft.com but there wasn't any response. so how can get the attention of Microsoft legal department on this matter

please help!

Saturday, September 25, 2010 6:54 AM
  • Hi Diji N J

I posted the link to the Microsoft Worldwide contact website.

You should use the telephone to contact Microsoft, not by posting on technical support forums or by email.

This discussion is off topic for these forums.

Thanks for understanding.

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Saturday, September 25, 2010 7:25 AM