Mobile Broadband connection disconnects RRS feed

• Question

• I've recently installed a Verizon 4G LTE USB aircard on my Win XP SP3 system and it seems to disconnect at around 50 seconds. I have this issue with multiple computers that I support. I've tested the aircard on some Windows 7 machines and another XP SP3 system successfully. I have the latest Verizon software and firmware/drivers for the device and have contacted Verizon support and believe (as do I) that the issue is with something on our image.

What could be the culpirt? Power, network connectivity conflicts? It seems as if at around 50 seconds something is inititating the connection to be killed. It's very repeatable and accurate.

Thoughts?

Thursday, April 21, 2011 11:46 PM

Answers

• Hi All,

Looks like I've resolved this issue. It was due to the new network connection that was being created in Windows and as a default, the iEEE802.1x authentication box was checked so the connection would drop. Unchecked the box and it's good to go.

• Marked as answer by simonsays1 Friday, April 22, 2011 1:06 AM
    Friday, April 22, 2011 1:06 AM

All replies

• Hi All,

Looks like I've resolved this issue. It was due to the new network connection that was being created in Windows and as a default, the iEEE802.1x authentication box was checked so the connection would drop. Unchecked the box and it's good to go.

• Marked as answer by simonsays1 Friday, April 22, 2011 1:06 AM
    Friday, April 22, 2011 1:06 AM
  • Where do I find this check box?
    Friday, September 9, 2011 1:38 PM