none
This table was created with Power Query. To change this table, use Power Query instead. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I thought this irritating issue was finally solved by Power Query developers teams but still got it in the latest release of PQ for Excel 2013. 

I am trying to delete one table from data model and get this:

hmm, so don't give up. Let's switch to Power Query to do delete "GSAM data" table.

When do this another error occurs...

Let's click "OK".

LOL, "GSAM data" table disappeared..

but it is still in data model and cannot be removed...

Whats going on there? I do not get it.

Latest release of PQ is fatal (Version: 2.30.4246.1721 64-bit). Cause tens of errors and performance issues.

That was not happened in previous release.

So any idea?

Thursday, April 21, 2016 8:54 AM

Answers

• Sorry, I meant the Connections dialog in Excel - open the Data tab in the Excel window and click on Connections, then from there you should be able to see a connection called "Query - GSAM data" that you can delete.

If you are able to find a copy of the workbook before the error occurred, please send it to pq2fb at microsoft.com and we will take a look - mention my name in the e-mail.

Thanks!

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 7:19 PM

All replies

• Have you tried removing all of the relationships to that table first and then trying to delete it from Power Query?
    Thursday, April 21, 2016 12:22 PM
  • Yes, I tried.

The table stuck in a Data model. Data are still there because a size of a file is still the same.

Thursday, April 21, 2016 2:41 PM
  • Hi Bartek,

You should be able to work around this issue by deleting the Data Model connection from the Connections dialog - this should also remove the table from the Data Model.

We would like to better understand how to reproduce this issue - do you have a copy of the workbook just before you tried to delete the "GSAM data" query and got the "Vertipaq property '' cannot have name binding" error message? Would you be able to share that with us?

Also, you mentioned errors and performance issues in the latest release of PQ - can you elaborate on these? Please use the Send a Frown feature to report the issues directly to us so we can take a closer look.

Thanks for your help.

Monday, April 25, 2016 7:45 PM
  • Thanks David

I am not fully sure what you mean by "Connection -dialog" but I have tried to delete connection this way with no success...

I should have a backup of this file just before the error occurred. 

I will try to find and share with you directly.

Closing-up the new error:

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 1:57 PM
  • Sorry, I meant the Connections dialog in Excel - open the Data tab in the Excel window and click on Connections, then from there you should be able to see a connection called "Query - GSAM data" that you can delete.

If you are able to find a copy of the workbook before the error occurred, please send it to pq2fb at microsoft.com and we will take a look - mention my name in the e-mail.

Thanks!

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 7:19 PM
  • Thanks David

Your solution works.

Bartek

Friday, April 29, 2016 1:08 PM
  • Glad to hear it, thanks for letting us know! Please do send us a copy of the workbook before the error occurred so we can take a look at how you were able to get into this state in the first place.

Friday, April 29, 2016 4:56 PM
  • This error occurs if we directly delete power query instead of connection. This still occurs in Excel 2016 also.

Deepak Dharmpurikar

Tuesday, August 15, 2017 2:51 PM
  • Deepak, would you mind sending more details of your repro to pq2fb@microsoft.com?
    Tuesday, August 15, 2017 5:39 PM