none
McAfee Endpoint Security Platform installation fails with error 16030 RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone had success installing McAfee Endpoint Security Platform with MDT? I keep getting a failure with a return code of 16030. This is a code being returned by McAfee itself. The McAfee site is not helpful it only states "The installation wizard was interrupted before Endpoint Security was installed. Your previous software was uninstalled, but no other changes were made to your system." For that code. BDD.log only states McAfee returned an unexpected return code: 16030.

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 5:38 PM

All replies

• Have you identified the issue, for me it appears McAfee ENS Platform is installing a network driver and disconnecting the MDT DeploymentShare Mapped Drive. I was able to complete the ENS Platform install by copying the files to the %TEMP% and running it from there, but I still don't get my DeploymentShare connection back.
    Wednesday, March 18, 2020 6:37 PM
  • Has anyone found an answer to this? I am having the same issue with McAfee Endpoint Security Platform 10.7.0.1481.3 giving a return code of 16030. The logs provide not additional information. The software does not to appear to even try to start the install.
    Thursday, August 20, 2020 5:31 PM